• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Randy Meisner won't be down..

1 Wild R/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:44 AM
Reaction score
Last edited:
R.I.P.

Sounds like he took it to the limit one more time. RIP Randy.

RIP Randy - he helped kick off the start of a great group. I don’t get it when people argue that the Eagles were just a so-so band. Apparently you can argue with success - although it seems pointless. I’ve seen them a couple of times and their records were frequent on the playlist of the stereo in the house I lived in at college in the early 70s. Adding Joe Walsh later just cemented my appreciation for them.

His fingerprints are all over their early style.

RIP Randy.

He was rooked by the usual Henley/Frey pair, just like Felder and Bernie....
Such a pure talent, too - and that voice!
Rest easy, Mr. Meisner.

R.I.P. another one gone.....

RIP Randy, the world lost another great one.
Too bad the kids these days don't know what a real musician is.

Sounds like he took it to the limit one more time. RIP Randy.
Sad that now he took it for the last time. What an incredible voice! I understand he died from COPD. By todays law of averages, the average life span for a male in USA is down to approximately 73. I find it strange that both he & Timothy B. Schmidt both were in the Poco as well, another great band. The Eagles are one of my favorite bands. I highly recommend the "History of the Eagles" DVD. We live in a time of incredible technology. I can listen to everything from the great masters of Classical music, to Country, Blue Grass, Motown, Progressive and Symphonic Metal all mixed up. On top of this, I have put hundreds of "albums" on one little "Sandisk" that fits in the palm of my hand. Can be plugged into almost any device or headphones that I can take anywhere! It really helps drown out my "tinnitus". I just hope my hearing holds out. R.I.P. Randy! :(

Last edited:
God speed Randy. Sad that his failing health prevented him from touring or doing music these past years. Would have loved to seem him paired up with Don Felder or even some of the remaining members of Poco.

Auto Transport Service
Back