• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-Body a 1973 Road Runner

There was a guy on Dodge Charger. Com who bought a Chrysler 300 with a 5.7 Hemi engine in it,running and driving car for $2500, and cut the body off it,and put a 68 Charger body on it. He was driving it around within a month after buying the 300.

I was just curious if you were using that specific car. There's been instances where a classic body has been "put over" a modern body structure ( Charger, for example ) for sure. Looks like a lot of work needed on that body you got. To each, his own, I guess. Best of luck to you
Yes as a matter of fact that very same car. I know it seems like a bad choice, but I see it like this. You wouldn't want to ruin a driver, you wouldn't want to ruin something with more potential than this. Currently I own and drive a 2009 Dodge Charger. I personally wouldn't buy another 1 with the engine that's in this 1, unless, I was going to do something like what I'm contemplating now. Don't get me wrong I love the ride. I love the idea of the IRS under the rear of the car. I also love the practicality of the stock upgrades to the braking system, The would be upgraded steering system. Also if I decided to do the newer powertrain upgrade then all I'd need is another donor and let's be honest, they're plentiful.

There was a guy on Dodge Charger. Com who bought a Chrysler 300 with a 5.7 Hemi engine in it,running and driving car for $2500, and cut the body off it,and put a 68 Charger body on it. He was driving it around within a month after buying the 300.
Do you remember off hand who it was? I'd like to read his thread, maybe talk to him about what he did, maybe what he faced , what his troubles / hardships were.

I would have to try to find the thread. His screen name had something to do with a 77 Vette.

Ian Rousel Full Custom Auto show has done several rebody cars. I imagine that you are looking at lots of work, but if that’s what you want to do I say go for it!!

Auto Transport Service
Back