• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

re: Cancer

Found out today the procedure. They use a small probe with a bunch of knife like needles. They can control these needles and place them directly into the tumor. Then for 10 minutes the tumor is bombarded with RF energy to kill it. This is only a one day procedure now vs several days. Science and technology win again. Doctors at the VA really put my mind at ease.

Thoughts and prayers are with you sir.ffirst I want to thank you for your service to our country.sorry to hear about your illness,but stay positive we went through this with my wife and dealt with it with a positive attitude had faith in the doctors treating her and she also beat it...as you can.now as far as your ex goes...when your back on your feet and feeling better,jump in your mopar
r and run her *** over

That is very smart uwss then they greatly reduce the chance of spreading since they are not doing traditional surgery. This has really advanced since my experience. Very good luck sounds like the VA is really on top of this!

you will be fine many people win the war with cancer

Found out I have kidney cancer and tumors on my spine while at the VA hospital. They put me through the ringer; prostate exam, colonoscopy( recommend this to everyone, the only part that sucks is the drink you take to flush your system out). I watched the camera go into my colon and absolutely no pain. Get it done, guys. By the way, the kidneys do NOT give you advanced warning of trouble. So, go it checked.

Any pre tests are good and im praying for you and your family! My mom had kidney cancer and had it removed, and so far no problems outside of her diabetics which she needs to go thru the treatment because there only working at 11 percent, im afraid she has fought it long enough and that about says it all i guess and i need to respect her in the decision. I do hope that things look up for you! And your right that its one cancer that has no advance warnings, found this out with ma...

RF surgery: I forgot to say the kidney is about an inch and half behind the skin just about lower rib level. Once the tumor is "burned" dead. The body slowly absorbs the dead tumor. Doctor say updated imaging will show the body getting rid of the tumor. If they miss something, they can do it again and get it all. Also, you run the risk of developing a urine bubble. But they drain and its gone. I can't believe the advancement in treating this disease.
I go Wednesday to find out about the tumors on my spine and spinal stenosis. I hope this is good news also.

Thanks for sharing the details about the treatment. And thanks for your contribution to the forum.

We're all hoping for the best outcome.

Posted via Topify on Android

thank you for your service for our awesome country, three years ago they found cancer on the top of my right kidney, they had to remove my lower rib to get to it ,so far cancer free, same week was told i have multiple sclerosis, keep up the fight!!! every day is a gift.
charlie keel

prayers sent to ya from Katy,texas

VA urology doctor called me Saturday at 7pm. Told me that robotic surgery would be better than the RF ablation. What I found out was that RF can be done after robotic surgery if something is missed or if a small bit of cancer reoccurs. However, if you do the RF first then there is a likely hood you will lose the entire kidney. I believe in saving as much as I can.

VA urology doctor called me Saturday at 7pm. Told me that robotic surgery would be better than the RF ablation. What I found out was that RF can be done after robotic surgery if something is missed or if a small bit of cancer reoccurs. However, if you do the RF first then there is a likely hood you will lose the entire kidney. I believe in saving as much as I can.

I had cryoblation done on my kidney. My mass was only 3cm though. They went in with a needle and froze it - let it thaw then froze it again and killed it.

Yes if you can save the kidney save it! That's what my urologist told me. He was funny he's telling me that I'm fine I just have a bad spot.... like I had some rust. LOL

I'll say a prayer for you.

I'm another one here for you! Prayers and thoughts sent! Fight that crap! Hang in there. You can do it!

Well, now they say I have spinal nerve sheath tumors and want to do an MRI of the brain. Jesus, I hope there is nothing there. They plan to do a biopsy of the spinal tumors once the kidney tumor is removed to compare. Then spinal fluid tap and a CT scan. So much for Xmas. Changed my surgery date to 23Dec.

Thoughts and Prayers r with u and ur family

Best wishes for a full and complete recovery!

Happy holidays!

MB

Well, now they say I have spinal nerve sheath tumors and want to do an MRI of the brain. Jesus, I hope there is nothing there. They plan to do a biopsy of the spinal tumors once the kidney tumor is removed to compare. Then spinal fluid tap and a CT scan. So much for Xmas. Changed my surgery date to 23Dec.
I'm sure things may look bleak. But, look at it this way... on the 23'rd of December you may get the greatest gift. Keep Fighting!!!, Stay positive... It's all you can do.

Cancer update, I survived the surgery. Robotic surgery was done on the left kidney. This was done at the Dallas VA hospital. Well, what I didn't expect was to come out of surgery with my left arm hurting real bad and my right eye swollen red and hurting. Will have to wait and see about the collateral damage. VA saved 70% of the kidney so I am a happy camper. Overall I am a happy camper.

Auto Transport Service
Back