• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-cover or Replace Armrest?

Evoking

Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
The lower deck of the arm rest in my 68 Charger has a couple splits in the vinyl. Wondering if you guys typically re-cover or buy the whole new piece. If re-cover is that a DIY?

Recover" how would you duplicate the texture, grain and stitching? That is beyond my skill set.
New or a good, clean original is what I would suggest.

"Just dashes" in California will recover the arm rests. They do high end work. I've called about my 68 charger. They charge a 1 time color matching fee. 150 or so. Then rear arm rests were like 150.00 with the ash tray cut outs. Front were I think 110.00. They don't just recover. They remove all the old open cell foam and rebuild the foam with closed cell foam and then recover with grain correct uv protected thicker vinyl. They vacuum shrink them. It's pricey but much better then what most people have to say about the repops. They do all soft interior work. The only negative to padded dash parts is they cant reproduce that simulated stitch line on the dash pieces. You could do a pair at a time spread out the costs. What's the color of yours?

Auto Transport Service
Back