• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear crossmember

revmaster

Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
What does it cost to replace a rear crossmember on a 69 gtx.? I have a few rust holes in areas in the middle section of the piece. . But Seems like its not weak . Patch it or replace the whole piece? . I'm also thinking of working on the trunk also . Thanks. One of the shocks went through the trunk years ago and it was repaired with a steel plate. Just doesn't look good.

Pictures would be helpful but if just a few small holes I would patch it.....

I have a rust free cross member for your car if it is an automatic. The problem is shipping to Canada is expensive. I just shipped a fan to Ontario yesterday. Cost was $55.00 for a 8lb package. Plus it can't go Priority mail if more than 4lbs. I'm guessing a cross member would be about the same. Almost costs more to ship than the part is worth but if you need it, I want $60.00 for it plus the ride.
PM me with your email if you are interested and want a pic.

OOPS. Guess we are not on the same page. Please ignore this post.

Last edited:
If it already ripped apart, I'd be inclined to replace it....maybe $300-$400'ish usd to weld it in if you already have the gas tank removed.

I have a rust free cross member for your car if it is an automatic. The problem is shipping to Canada is expensive. I just shipped a fan to Ontario yesterday. Cost was $55.00 for a 8lb package. Plus it can't go Priority mail if more than 4lbs. I'm guessing a cross member would be about the same. Almost costs more to ship than the part is worth but if you need it, I want $60.00 for it plus the ride.
PM me with your email if you are interested and want a pic.

OOPS. Guess we are not on the same page. Please ignore this post.

Yes it is still here. Here are a couple pics. It has a used rear mount with it if you want it. No charge for the mount but it will probably raise the shipping cost a little. $60.00 with or without the mount plus shipping. It came out of my 68 Charger.

100_8621.JPG 100_8622.JPG

Yes it is still here. Here are a couple pics. It has a used rear mount with it if you want it. No charge for the mount but it will probably raise the shipping cost a little. $60.00 with or without the mount plus shipping. It came out of my 68 Charger.

View attachment 638605 View attachment 638606
Are you talking transmission cross member or rear shock frame ? I wonder since you mentioned the shock going thru the trunk.

Are you talking transmission cross member or rear shock frame ? I wonder since you mentioned the shock going thru the trunk.
I guess we are still not on the same page. I think my problem is that I associated those rear cross pieces as braces. (AMD replacement parts)

Im looking for the rear crossmember. right at the back bumper. mine is rusted. Still intact, but lots of rust taken off. My trunk, other issue , is I had a welder repair it but like to replace the upper part of the trunk. But I imagine most would want to replace the whole trunk piece. most of the trunk is in good shape.

Auto Transport Service
Back