• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear end replacement

mopar4don

Local time
4:23 AM
Reaction score
I have a 69 Coronet 4 door donor car that I want to use rear frame rails, floor pans, inner and outer wheel houses, and inner and outer rockers. All of these parts will go into my 69 Charger.

I was thinking, instead of cutting the car apart one piece at a time, would it be possible to cut out the rear frame rails, trunk floor, inner and outer wheel houses, and rear floor pan (under the seat) ALL AS ONE UNIT, then put them into the Charger?
Are the wheelhouses spot welded to the rockers?

Trunk pan and outer wheel houses are different for Charger. Rest will work fine
Tubs are welded to the end of the rockers.

Do you think replacing as one unit would be a good way of doing this? That way everything stays in alignment!
After I had it in I would remove the trunk pan.

Yes I sell alot of rear and front clips. Saves alot of labor. Factory jigged and welded. Original Mopar metal.
Easier to remove the tubs and install them seperate from the frames/pans. You'll need to find a Charger trunk pan too.
This setup is going to be used to de-tub an old Max Wedge race car.

Attachments

• DCP_0022 (2).jpg
    DCP_0022 (2).jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 213
  • DCP_0033.jpg
    DCP_0033.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 203
Auto Transport Service
Back