• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Quarter Glass Misbehaving

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
So I installed my rear quarter glass a few months ago and am still trying to figure out if I did something wrong on the installation.

The issue:
The glass on both sides are canted on inwards quite a bit as seen by the photo. I can push them out but I can tell it’s just not right.

I did try and install the inner whisker/steel panel that should push the window outward a bit but it needs more force and more distance so again I feel something isn’t right.

Any ideas?

Thanks MF

PS I also noticed that the stop as pictured just barely if at all makes contact.

IMG_1520.jpeg

IMG_1521.jpeg

So I was able to get a little kick out adjustment on the lower glide support bracket mounting which did help some but the window at the top still rubs against the steel weather strip molding. So I need more cowbells I mean kick out adjustment in the window. The adjustment indicated in the fsm is garbolygook to me…and so is the picture.

I’ve adjusted as good as I can but the glass touches the metal on the rear quarter glass. I don’t have my weather strips in yet so maybe it’s a non issue? Wish I had a another assembled car I could look at.

image.jpg

IMG_1523.jpeg

Last edited:
So here the adjustment needed to bring the window AWAY “kick out” from the car if its leaning in causing interference…… It indicates this in the FSM.

IMG_1524.jpeg

There should be another one of those further down the track?

There should be another one of those further down the track?
Yes there are 2. I have them both all the way out. Still could use more but I don’t yet have the inside whiskers in or the weather strip.

Yes there are 2. I have them both all the way out. Still could use more but I don’t yet have the inside whiskers in or the weather strip.
Crank the bottom one in, to tilt the glass out, at the top.

Well ive been trying to bring the windows (rear quarter) in on top with some improvements but not enough. Ive tried loosening everything up and getting them into place but even then they don’t center with the weather strip which I presume they should.

This is the best I can adjust to: both sides…

IMG_1552.jpeg

IMG_1551.jpeg

both sides like that?....... is any of the inner sheet metal bent?...... couple shims in the right place might help?

I am not yet ready to make any modifications. I need to make sure I didn’t make any mistakes in the assembly. Because it’s partially hidden in the panel, it’s difficult to see whats going on.

I could use a few pictures as to where the window lines up at the top in the weather strip channel. Also curious what hole the up-stop is in as there appears to be 2.

Auto Transport Service
Back