• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear seat bottom removal

BeeKool for some odd reason it's not 'quite' as hard going back in.

Back in the old junk yard days. I would slice the front of the seat and pry it loose with a big screw driver or claw hammer.

We got the seat out tonight. Notice I use the word 'we'; it took three of us to get that seat out. I took the front buckets out, two of us laying on the floor kicking the back seat hard. Passenger side popped right up on the second kick, but drivers side would not budge. Kicked that seat for several minutes, with each of us taking turns. Finally broke out two large pry bars. Two guys prying on anything they could find while I was kicking, and kicking, and kicking. Finally the drivers side popped.

Window regulators lubed well with silicone paste and work like cutting warm butter.

No rust, but no build sheet either.

Thanks for all of the replies.

.. never hear of "silicone paste" before.
Next to DeOxIt and TriFlow one of my most used car products. Contains 100% silicone paste (most contain 50% silicone and 50% vaseline). Lube your car's window channels and your regulators will last and last. Use on disc brake slides, plug boots, door strikers, etc, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-8946-Sil...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Newer cars have really cheap cable driven power window regulators. I lube the channels once a year with silicone paste and it lessens the load on the window regulators.

Shine those hooks on the floor and those bars on the seat up. Then put some of that silicone paste on the surfaces

A bit late to the party....but I push my front seats forward, then crouch down and use my knees to push the rear seat and then my hands to lift it up. Taking the seats out removes any purchase you have to get some weight behind the knees.
One side at a time, and it's out.:thumbsup:

... never hear of "silicone paste" before.

silcone paste or sil-lube. works for a variety of things. I use this one...

100-735new.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back