• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear seat removal?

MprDoc

Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
OK, im restoring my '66 Satellite and I can not figure out how to get the back seat out! I have been told its simple "push-pull" deal but whenever I try it doesnt seem to budge. Am I just not given it enough "umph" or what? I always feel like im gonna brake something if I jerk on it to much. Any advice from someone whos done this before would be greaaaaat!

On a 66 Satellite the rear back/upright portion bolts in on the bottom, you have to remove the bolts first then it will drop down off the hooks that are in the top surround. The rear cushion/bottom has to come out first to get at the bolts as stated above, push the bottom toward the back/trunk and pull up quickly in one continuous motion. If you aren't quick enough on the lift the seat will just go back into the bracket. I scanned a diagram that shows the position of the brackets...

rear seat.JPG

One thing. Depending on how well the seat bottom fits, it may be caught under the "hooks" on the floor. (remember, the ends turn DOWN)

So what you may have to do is (in one motion as best as possible) push down, back, then lift up.

If you're trying to push the seat bottom back and it doesn't move back, then you will need to do the "down, back, up" as I stated

Auto Transport Service
Back