• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear spoiler placement

I bought a hood scoop from him (showcars) when I first got my Charger, It was not made that well, the mounting points were poor. I ended up selling it and buy one from The Glassman, It was a beautiful part. See my avatar!
I would like to see if your spoiler is nice, I have been wanting one for a while. I found an older gent that has one, never mounted. I have been sweet talking him for a while about letting me create a solid works model of it.
Might get to do it this winter.
Jeff

David,
Would it be possible to post some close up pictures of the spoiler you purchased? Just trying to get a visual of the quality of the piece.
The ebay link pictures are terrible.

Those are not a "reproduction" spoiler....it's a cheap plastic copy that is sure to break or crack as soon as you start to attach it to the car as the originals were....I hope the person that made those has taken into account of the double compound curve of the trunk lid, otherwise it's not gonna fit and will break....the 'glass spoiler has been tried before, and failed

I'm still working on getting a small second run of the aluminum ones made .....

Bryan

Those are not a "reproduction" spoiler....it's a cheap plastic copy that is sure to break or crack as soon as you start to attach it to the car as the originals were....I hope the person that made those has taken into account of the double compound curve of the trunk lid, otherwise it's not gonna fit and will break....the 'glass spoiler has been tried before, and failed

Bryan

Mine should be here soon.. it will be drilled and placed on the back.. if it cracks, from not having the curve.. it goes back.. I have 30 days from the time of arrival.. we will see..
From what I was told.. The mold was takin from a original spoiler..

It has the double compound curve because it is an exact fiberglass copy of the original. Exactly as it was advertised. The mold was made from an original. It even has dimplex from the mounting holes. It seems very sturdy. Why so sceptical?

It has the double compound curve because it is an exact fiberglass copy of the original. Exactly as it was advertised. The mold was made from an original. It even has dimplex from the mounting holes. It seems very sturdy. Why so sceptical?
and Im looking forward to it,, cant wait much longer... :)

Slimt. Please feed us some pics when you get it. Very curious on the fitment and finish of the product. Thanks

Slimt. Please feed us some pics when you get it. Very curious on the fitment and finish of the product. Thanks
will do... I believe from what Im understanding.. he makes these after the orders been placed.. Not a Big deal for me.. anything crafted with the hands takes time..

Bryan
I'm still interested in a aluminum version. Classic Industries say they have some 'coming soon' . It was like 700 bucks. Bryan, I am assuming it will be one of yours. What kind of price will you be asking for the reproduction aluminum spoiler. I'm in no hurry at this time so waiting is not an issue.

yes, it will be solid aluminum as the originals were made....and to the untrained eye, nobody will be able to tell the difference between the original's and my reproductions. There is only one slight difference that only I will be able to tell in case someone tries to pass mine off as OE equipment. I don't have a price for the aluminum set yet, I have lower back issues I'm trying to get squared away right now...plus I'm having difficulty getting some of these companies to make a quality part instead of junk.

yes, it will be solid aluminum as the originals were made....and to the untrained eye, nobody will be able to tell the difference between the original's and my reproductions. There is only one slight difference that only I will be able to tell in case someone tries to pass mine off as OE equipment. I don't have a price for the aluminum set yet, I have lower back issues I'm trying to get squared away right now...plus I'm having difficulty getting some of these companies to make a quality part instead of junk.
Just watched an episode of graveyard cars today. They had a 1966 Hemi Charger they were picking over. It may have been an actual Nascar edition. One of like 80 something.
I noticed the mounting area for the spoiler is pretty thin. Even thinner when you factor in the countersunk mounting hardware. I honestly cannot see how a fiberglass spoiler would hold up unless the mounting area was substantially thickened or somehow reinforced. Otherwise the area will crack from vibration/opening and closing of the trunk. Just my intial observation. It will be interesting to see a pic of the fiberglass spoiler.

Just watched an episode of graveyard cars today. They had a 1966 Hemi Charger they were picking over. It may have been an actual Nascar edition. One of like 80 something.
I noticed the mounting area for the spoiler is pretty thin. Even thinner when you factor in the countersunk mounting hardware. I honestly cannot see how a fiberglass spoiler would hold up unless the mounting area was substantially thickened or somehow reinforced. Otherwise the area will crack from vibration/opening and closing of the trunk. Just my intial observation. It will be interesting to see a pic of the fiberglass spoiler.

I understand completely.. let me know when the aluminum one comes avail.. I am wanting a set.

The "Elusive 66-67 Charger Spoiler". Everybody wants one and everyone wants to see pictures. You know what they say, "without pictures, it never happened".

The "Elusive 66-67 Charger Spoiler". Everybody wants one and everyone wants to see pictures. You know what they say, "without pictures, it never happened".

here ya go....

DCP_0010.JPG DCP_0006.JPG

Just got the 3 piece today.. quality of the glass work is Nice.. looks very rigid for something that looks fragile.. I dont think Ill be doing 125 miles a hour to keep the back end down.. but it will look cool.. Ill get picts posted soon..

I just purchased one -- now I'm curious, what are the correct type screws / bolts to mount it. Also, I'm hoping the repro has the holes drilled and if not has a diagram showing screw placement.

I just noticed on a You tube of a white hemi 66.. the ducktail was on backwards.

I ordered one from Showcar. I didn't like the quality at all. The flange was rough and uneven -- if you shaved it down to remove the uneveness it would be too thin. There was no consistancy in the the thickness across the trunk section. One end was 3/16th thicker than the other. The end pieces looked ok but still would have to be cut down and modified. I returned it -- got charged shipping and customs -- Showcars didn't respond to Ebay in a timely manner and Ebay payed for the return. It had no holes and no dimples for holes.

Auto Transport Service
Back