• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear window.

blue69runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
As you all know what a time I had with the window. So have one in now.
IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG

I'm up next to put mine in! Let us have all the juicy details.
What size butyl rubber 3M kit did you use, How did you install
the clips, and where do the different clips go? (location)

Congrats. I wasn't so lucky. Turns out I have to remove mine again. It's sitting in such a way that my trim won't snap back in.:BangHead:

I'm up next to put mine in! Let us have all the juicy details.
What size butyl rubber 3M kit did you use, How did you install
the clips, and where do the different clips go? (location)
Put only three down the side's. You must put one just past the curve to the out side on the bottom about two inches from the end. Been a while since I put the clips in but also put two a few inches where the trim comes together at the top. The same for putting one about two inches from the curve that goes down. Used urethane to set this one. NO butyl tape. Then filled all the gaps around the window even at the bottom corners where water pocket's. Will see if I have a picture before setting so you can see clip placement. This glass was special made for me and is laminated glass like the front window not tempered.

Did you figure out exactly what was causing all your problems getting a glass to fit?
Too much glass on the sides. Had it cut down a good 1/8 inch for 17 inches from bottom corner to top. It had some bow on the glass on the side due to the molding process but it did fit. It was just too tight on the sides once the clips where in.

Congrats. I wasn't so lucky. Turns out I have to remove mine again. It's sitting in such a way that my trim won't snap back in.:BangHead:
Sorry to here that Hilljack68. How much metal did you replace on your car. That is what my problem was with the darn quarter panels. Even used the old one to measure with but missed something. It was hitting the clip's on the side's. Did you use the butyl tape or urethane. I tried several of the window's and even tried to grind off some glass but that did not work the glass shattered. So had this one special made. You can set the glass deeper with urethane Than with butyl. Have a few places where the trim show's it standing off the glass but it look's pretty good.

Sorry to here that Hilljack68. How much metal did you replace on your car.

Only the dutchman was replaced. I used butyl tape (3/8"), but it was actually a depth issue. The trim wouldn't snap into the clips. So when Spring comes (and the barn is warm enough), I'll be yanking it out and trying it again.

Hope this will give you enough of an idea where to place the clip's don't know why I did not take a full on picture of them all. This was the first glass I got from the guy I had them made form.

You mean you can actually have a rear (or front) glass made??????
Get outa here!

It is not cheap. Their is a company in PA also that makes windows for custom car's. He was a lot more than the one here in Fl. But think the guy here in Fl. learned a lot from this rear window.

Auto Transport Service
Back