• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebuild newer Mopar alternators?

bstan69rr

Local time
5:06 AM
Reaction score
Ironically, I was getting ready to tow a 70 RR to the scrapyard, and my alternator is not charging on my 2014 Durango. I recharged the battery, and the alternator still it did not charge.

Anyway, somebody told me I could not rebuild a newer alternator. Can anybody verify this?

Parts stores want about $400. I know I can get one for a better price, but I sure would like to spend $30-$40 for a rebuild kit.

I think it's a sign from God. Anything at all still good on the 70 Roadrunner? Please send me some pics if you would before you scrap it. I might need a couple odd-ball patch pieces. Thank you sir!
Also, you CAN get a newer alternator rebuilt IF you can find a shop in your area that still does that kind of work. There are only two shops that I know of in all of Chicago that do it.

Odd ball patch pieces? You are going to have to be desperate to want something off of this car. It is the worse I have ever seen a car get? It is a real shame. There is absolutely no frame under the floor pans. It is 100% gone.

Search my other posts. I think I put a lot of pics with a short write up about it.

I pulled everything imaginable--all the way to the rusted 4 speed hump and the side scoops. The most valuable pulls were the rally cluster and radio. Oh, and the 400hp engine, 4 speed, pedals with parts and a rear end that I have not looked into yet.

This is easily a $20,000 car if it was not parked under an oak tree ten years ago. I guess I should be glad it did; otherwise, I would not have gotten it for $500. But really, it is a shame to see a car like this have to take its final journey.

Auto Transport Service
Back