• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rebuilt leaf springs

RT SE 440

Local time
7:40 AM
Reaction score
Done a full restoration on the rear leaf springs recently i pulled them apart cleaned ,primed & painted them. Brand new bushes front and rear new plastic pads and galvanized plates, new bands ,new eye bolts & new u bolts should be a nice tight ride now I'm pretty happy with the outcome for a first timer.

spring1.jpg

spring2.jpg

spring3.jpg

spring4.jpg

spring6.jpg

spring7.jpg

Last edited:
It appears that you have pretty good placement of the clamps. That does make a difference.

It appears that you have pretty good placement of the clamps. That does make a difference.
If you're referring to the silver bands, they can only go where there's holes in the leaf.

Where did you buy the rebuild kit? shackles? shock plates?

They look great! Can you re-arch then yourself when they are apart? Is there some dimensions to go by?
Just sitting waiting for a pretty rear end to drop by. Keep us posted!
I picked up my kit from Frank B

Where did you buy the rebuild kit? shackles? shock plates?
Purchased the rebuild kit from mega parts shackles and plates are my originals they were in good nic just cleaned and painted with new bushes front and rear

They look great! Can you re-arch then yourself when they are apart? Is there some dimensions to go by?
Just sitting waiting for a pretty rear end to drop by. Keep us posted!
I picked up my kit from Frank B
Nice job. Did they need re-ar

Nice job. Did they need re-arching?
No they didn't need resetting they were done a while ago but weren't rebuilt correctly hence why I've redone them.The old saying if you want something done properly do it yourself

Thank you sir but i can't take the credit as said the springs have location holes you really can't go wrong but you need to keep the bands tight both up and down and from side to side while clamping them around the leafs that was the hardest part

Re-arching and new hangars etc. was about $200. Look and ride great!

I knew the OP was Australian by the way he used the word "Bushes".

1 Austin.jpg

Looks nice.

Thank you sir but i can't take the credit as said the springs have location holes you really can't go wrong but you need to keep the bands tight both up and down and from side to side while clamping them around the leafs that was the hardest part
Never had a set of leafs that had location holes for the clamps. In my early years as a drag racer, I tried numerous numbers of clamps and spring clamp locations to modify the way the spring reacted. Sometimes it had noticeable effects.

no do

View attachment 1412927

View attachment 1412927

Looks nice.
can't get nothing past you Kern Dog
Never had a set of leafs that had location holes for the clamps. In my early years as a drag racer, I tried numerous numbers of clamps and spring clamp locations to modify the way the spring reacted. Sometimes it had noticeable effects.
you can just see in the first picture were the band is sitting there is a hole for the clamp locator to sit into

Again, never had a set like that and I have had many sets of OEM springs. Just saying.

And they are back in place just waiting on the 8 3/4 to be finished

326508645_1852816588419594_728855432117987180_n.jpg

325575609_1145232882842318_575078064136135364_n.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back