• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommendations for Gas Tank Sending Unit

Steve009

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
I’m looking for a gas tank sending unit for my 64 Plymouth. Looking for 3/8” line instead of the stock 5/16” as the engine will have decent HP. Running a mechanical Edelbrock performer RPM fuel pump on the engine. Any recommendations for tank unit? Not sure who makes them.

thanks,
-Steve

I’m looking for a gas tank sending unit for my 64 Plymouth. Looking for 3/8” line instead of the stock 5/16” as the engine will have decent HP. Running a mechanical Edelbrock performer RPM fuel pump on the engine. Any recommendations for tank unit? Not sure who makes them.

thanks,
-Steve
What kind of shape is your original sender? Most all aftermarket senders work but are inaccurate.

What kind of shape is your original sender? Most all aftermarket senders work but are inaccurate.

It’s pretty corroded. May be the original so time to swap.

It’s pretty corroded. May be the original so time to swap.
Does it work? Regardless it can be rebuilt. John Wolf & Company and Instrument Specialties both rebuild fuel senders.

Does it work? Regardless it can be rebuilt. John Wolf & Company and Instrument Specialties both rebuild fuel senders.

it worked in terms of sending fuel but the reading was never accurate. Plus only has the 5/16” line

Auto Transport Service
Back