• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Refinishing 68 gtx deck lid: help

sinister_gtx

Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
Im looking to refinish the rear deck lid myself but not sure how to go about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My deck lid has some pitting that needs to be fixed as well.

If anyone from Canada knows of good restoration shops for this type of job near Edmonton or anywhere in Canada that would be great too.

Craig

Get it Plastic media blasting the epoxy coated...go from there. Good base to start with.

Pictures should would help. If your gonna repair it your self. You need some basic tools. A long board, sand paper, filler, straight edge, etc, and etc.. Body work isn't as difficult as it is time consuming. You have to be willing to start all over if need be. Learn to feather and sand correctly ( x pattern ) and don't use you fingers to sand. There's allot of good threads here and also check youtube for some basic body work videos.

Ok thanks for replies. I'll give it a go and if need be buy a reproduction one. Any recommendations on where to get a new one?

Are you talking the deck lid itself of the cast aluminum finish panel?

Auto Transport Service
Back