• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

regrets.....

eldubb440

more miracles than Jesus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score
we all have them :(

69rt_zpsf4c1ca77.jpg

Think so?
Nothing that I have done so far has resulted in a bad outcome for me.
The women I have known, the cars that I have owned, the jobs that I have worked.....all seemed to have worked out okay.

Regrets because you bought it or because you didn't? In either case, you're right: we all have them.

it was too original to restore, and I didn't want a ratty looking car......15 years later it's cool as fok

B5 stripe delete R/T.......... 53K on the odometer........power windows and cruise....... quarter lips hammered up to fit the tires...... inside was a little nicer than the outside

We all have regrets of some kind but just like Kern said, if all those choices brought me here today I am quite happy with them. As far as car regrets I have a few but the one that burns the worst was when my Journeyman offer me his 1969 Mach 1 for $5000 and I decided to keep dumping money into a Buick instead. The Mach 1 had fresh paint, fresh interior and looked identical to the one in pic.
Ford-Mustang-Mach-1-red-29.jpg

I regret missing out on a two fer deal on a pair of unrestored Superbirds around 2000. The estate was selling the pair for $50k. I could afford only $25k at the time and I offered the other to my older brother. I offered to restore both as well for the cost of materials. My brother said that he was not a car guy nor a speculator in high value cars. The estate refused to split them up.:BangHead:

Sold this 68 Satellite vert, factory big block, 4 speed
Member here owns it now
1nXNDvC.jpg

2 regrets as far as cars go. Sold my 340 4spd duster to a friend who totaled it within 2 weeks. Selling my 69 rt charger back in 84.

as far as cars....selling my '71 Cuda and my '68 GTO

cuda 3.jpg

I regret when I eat too much. Other then that I regret buying a pair of Sea-Doo's in 2011. It was fun for a couple years then not.

For those lamenting regrets, they are doomed to this nagging approach to almost everything in life. Therefore...move on and look to the next adventure as it will always and most certainly provide new and exciting results...If one cannot walk away, then they are truly in a continual rut. NO REGRETS!!!...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag::usflag::usflag:

Probably around 1992-ish I passed on a 1970 Challenger RT/SE 440/auto B5 with B5 interior, buckets, console etc....guy was asking $2500 but I thought it had too much mud in the rear quarters for that asking price.

Around that time I also passed on a 1970 Sport Satellite, T5 with a T3 interior, 383/4bbl and a 4spd....can't recall if it was bench or buckets.

Auto Transport Service
Back