• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Regulator help...

Tim Greggo

Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
I am going from the black regulator to the blue one. Just making sure that the connector on the right side of the old one goes to the connector on the blue one and the one on the left goes to the screw on the front. Is that correct? Thank you for any help someone can give.

20230603_091540.jpg

20230603_091532.jpg

I do not believe that regulator is a good choice for a street car.

S
I do not believe that regulator is a good choice for a street car.
Why do you say that? I was reading on another forum post that it would be more reliable. I am also running aftermarket a/c with 3 ele tric fans on the radiator

Sorry forgot to add it is in a 69 Super Bee, 383.
There are ELECTRONIC VOLTAGE REGULATORS, available on line, the RESEMBLE the origional mechanical voltage regulator. The connections on these after market electronic regulators ARE IDENTICAL to the origional connections, leaving absolutely no doubt to as to how to hook them up. The electronic voltage regulator are far more accurate than the origional mechanical voltage regulator and will, IMO, provide superior regulation. Their cost is approximately $20 - 25 plus shipping......
BOB RENTON

There are ELECTRONIC VOLTAGE REGULATORS, available on line, the RESEMBLE the origional mechanical voltage regulator. The connections on these after market electronic regulators ARE IDENTICAL to the origional connections, leaving absolutely no doubt to as to how to hook them up. The electronic voltage regulator are far more accurate than the origional mechanical voltage regulator and will, IMO, provide superior regulation. Their cost is approximately $20 - 25 plus shipping......
BOB RENTON
The one I have on there now is a solid state regulator, every once in a while it shoots up to 18 volts and stays there until I shut off the a/c briefly, then it drops back to 14 or so and stays there even with the a/c back on. The Mopar one pictured was 80 bucks. You think one of the ones you are talking about would be better? Serious question, not smack talking.

The one I have on there now is a solid state regulator, every once in a while it shoots up to 18 volts and stays there until I shut off the a/c briefly, then it drops back to 14 or so and stays there even with the a/c back on. The Mopar one pictured was 80 bucks. You think one of the ones you are talking about would be better? Serious question, not smack talking.
A lot depends on you....if you want the origional appearance and function of an electronic voltage regulator that APPEARS to resemble the origional. Check the connections, including the regulator's case (ground) for any corrosion or looseness if operation is erratic......just a thought....
BOB RENTON

I think the blue regulators work great and are very dependable. God knows the last cheap chinese look alike regulator almost started a fire. I have the blue ones all three cars I own now.

Auto Transport Service
Back