• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reilly RMS new Master Cylinder

HYRDGOON

Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score
Just passing this on from a discussion with Bill. It's being tested now on a few cars and everyone loves it;

We’ve designed a bracket that mounts a Bicknell linear balance bar to the stock firewall and put together a complete master setup around that. I’m enclosing a picture of one in a Dart. I’m not sure if you’re familiar with balance bars but instead of restricting pressure to the rear with a valve, the balance bar changes leverage against two masters so as you adjust the bar the rear pressure goes down but the front pressure goes up. You end up with much better feel as all of your leg force is transferred to pressure. Another benefit is a better selection of master cylinders so we can size the masters perfectly for the calipers you’re using to keep the pressures up without wearing out your leg.

The only real downside is cost (which compare to hydro and you are pretty close):

For B and E bodies,

with 2 plastic reservoirs it’s $654 without the gauges, or $722 with the liquid filled gauges as pictured.

With 2 aluminum reservoirs it’s $868 without or $936 with gauges

With 3 aluminum reservoirs it’s $988 without or $1056 with gauges – the third would be to have a matching clutch reservoir on the same bracket if desired.

RMS_MC.png RMS_MC1.png RMS_MC2.png

That’s a neat looking set up, I love that Bill isn’t content with just selling parts he’s constantly making improvements to his suspension systems and working on projects like this. I’ll buy from RMS whenever I can to support them.

Anybody that goes through this effort is pretty cool in my books! He matched all the wilwood and baer calipers with master cylinder sizes for the right feel

RMS_MC_Rig.jpg

Very interesting indeed, cool concept but priced out of my range.

Very interesting indeed, cool concept but priced out of my range.

i hear you there... Price is steep but I guess the point is it's supposed to be comparable to hydroboost not other mechanical masters? I have a brand new Wilwood that came with my Magnum force set-up so I am going to let time tell what way i lean

i hear you there... Price is steep but I guess the point is it's supposed to be comparable to hydroboost not other mechanical masters? I have a brand new Wilwood that came with my Magnum force set-up so I am going to let time tell what way i lean
I've been leaning towards hydroboost but want to try something on mine first. The thought of no additional plumbing would be a plus here but given it's bulk I don't feel it would add to a clean look. Still really cool idea.

Auto Transport Service
Back