• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Relay wire sizes

60-65 amps

next to consider... fan consumption. Yes relay says is able to handle 30 amps, but who says the fan sucks that load ? Relay is not a load sucker so despite the relay specs and check the fan specs. Modern fans are able to be handled on 16 or 14 gauge wires, and most on them get the pigtail made on that wire size. I don't think your fan will suck 30 amps really. I'd say more like 18-20 amps
C4F953DB-B733-4A5D-8569-681F0AAE954E.jpeg

I wonder why you have the fans direct. I would do a two stage for example have one turn on at 180 degrees and then the next one turn on at 195 this way the draw of fans not always on and engine temp maintained were you want it. Of course you need to think of the t-stat when it opens and closes. Less load on alt and temp is doing what it needs to do.

I wonder why you have the fans direct. I would do a two stage for example have one turn on at 180 degrees and then the next one turn on at 195 this way the draw of fans not always on and engine temp maintained were you want it. Of course you need to think of the t-stat when it opens and closes. Less load on alt and temp is doing what it needs to do.

:thumbsup:

first one maybe a little lower. that will retard the T-stat opening and will work more less like the clucth setup, which allows to suck some air still being cold

Last edited:
I agree you can get whatever temp sensor you want have them come on a little early etc. I just don't see having them on all the time.

Auto Transport Service
Back