• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remove Anodizing

I shot this pic at Carlisle the other day thinking of THIS thread:grin:

Attachments

• IMG_3811.jpg
    IMG_3811.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_3810.jpg
    IMG_3810.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 223
It is a beauty! I don't know who belongs to that ride but
thumbs.gif

Same here, everytime i see them like this, maybe someday... My wife wanted me to get them done when i did my 73 until i told her what they cost to get them redone good. My rear bumper has, i guess you would call them like spider cracks through out it and all the buffing in the world wont change that.. Front isint to bad after i buffed it out, im thinking about that easy off on it and see if it makes it better. Great thread learning different things to try or use...

Little late to the party here but, I must say you can clear powder coat polished aluminum parts and it works well. It does take some of the luster out but worth it when you cant get to parts that need to be polished. I had that done on my Challenger for the Billet valve covers, power center cover, oil fill cap, washer tank cap. I did not have the blower powder coated because of contamination fears.

Question; don't mean to jack the thread but I'm being told that my chrome shop cannot chrome the grill for my 64 330 because of it's configuration, has anyone had this done? if so where? If it's not possible, I'll take the polish and powder coat route.

thanks

I'm late to but thought this might interest some who want a protectant after buffing. I have used "everbrite" on some parts and it is amazing. I used on car parts and aluminum trim on my house. I sprayed my grille without buffing and it made it look a whole lot better. I will use it from now on. "No I don't sell it" that kinda sounded like an advertisment......lol

http://www.everbrite.net/

You can get great deals on polishing / buffing consumables from http://www.caswellplating.com/

- - - Updated - - -

Little late to the party here but, I must say you can clear powder coat polished aluminum parts and it works well. It does take some of the luster out but worth it when you cant get to parts that need to be polished. I had that done on my Challenger for the Billet valve covers, power center cover, oil fill cap, washer tank cap. I did not have the blower powder coated because of contamination fears.

Question; don't mean to jack the thread but I'm being told that my chrome shop cannot chrome the grill for my 64 330 because of it's configuration, has anyone had this done? if so where? If it's not possible, I'll take the polish and powder coat route.

thanks

Yep, he's right about that. This is FABO member zigs' Dart with my Super Chrome and Clear Vision powders ... he wanted to go with a brushed aluminum look. He told me I hit a home run!! :)

One of his headlight bezels on arrival ... 004 - Copy.jpg

... and after I was done with the repairs ...

002 - Copy.jpg

The support brackets were coated in Silk Satin Black ...

019.jpg

zigs' Dart grille.JPG

zigs' Dart grille2.JPG

zigs' Dart grille3.JPG

Guess this will have to do. At least the thread's getting some views. LMAO!!!

21631724-896.jpg

And for what it's worth, I used a few cans of Easy Off on zigs' grille and headlight parts (and everything else I've restored that was previously anodized -- it works great). The trick is to let it soak a few minutes, respray it as often as necessary until you get a gray / yellowish film rising, never let it get dry, and wash it off with COLD water. :toothy5:

Last edited:
wowwwee wow wow!!! that just made my night!! thanks Leanna!!!

oh yeah, good tip btw lol

Anytime Mario! You know I'm here to help. LOL

Hey, it's great to see ya here by the way. :toothy5: Thanks for the kind words in that other thread too ... < hug >

Auto Transport Service
Back