• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

remove front susp on 69 dart

snake

Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys.I am from fabo i have a 69 dodge dart with a small block i know this an b body site,but cant get the answer i need there.Could someone here give me step by step how to remove my k frame, t bars, upper a arms lower everything.The motor is out.I need to rebuild my fromt susp, ball joints bushings.My last car tho was a 74 roadrunner was a fast 360.here is a pic of it.Or is there a site that can give me the how to to do this jod .Thanks Don Belleville Canada.:)

Scan10019.jpg

Like any other MOPAR. First, loosen your balljoint nuts. DON'T take them all the way off. Separate them from the spindle. (T bar tension will help with this) Let the tension off the T bars. Remove the clips before you forget. unbolt the upper A arms and remove them. disconnect the brake line and remove the spindle. Remove the nut from the strut rod. Loosen the LCA nut and back it off so it's flush with the stud. Give it a darn good whacking with a BFH. That will back it, and the T bar out. DO NOT under any circumstances use pliers, vice grips, or anything else on the T bar that can gouge it. This will cause a FRACTURE POINT.

simple

(yeah yeah I know, the lower ball joint is held to the spindle by two big bolts, and to the LCA by one. I didn't mention the shocks or tie rods. I'm giving the guy SOME credit)

thanks a bunch guys sounds stright forward.

i think this is the one thing we all learn to do. Not many 40 year old cars out there that dont need it. you going the rustoleum ,por 15 or powdercoat route. i used rustoleum and now wish i,d have used por 15

can i get por 15 in a rattle can?.Hey bob you get that shifter in yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back