• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing A Piller exterior trim 1962 Dart

JPrusinows

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:35 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Trying to gather as many tips as possible before trying to remove my A pillar trim. Screws are out and one side moves slightly up and down other side wont budge, Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Jeff

IMG_4703.jpg

Last edited:
With the screws out, you should be able to unhook the A-pillar trim from the windshield upper trim, by carefully pulling it toward you. Then pull it upward to dislodge it from the lower corner trim. The lower corner piece can then be unhooked from the lower windshield holding and slid off. This is based on removal of trim on my 1964 Polara. I do not believe there are trim clips under the A-pillar moldings, just under the upper and lower windshield trim.

Iirc, when I removed mine from my 62, you're going to have to pull it outward from behind where the 3 screws where.
I used 2 gasket scrapers, wider than a screwdriver to prevent damage.
It's a little nerve racking pulling it over the A pillar, as it has to deform a little.
I think the bottom corner came off with the A pillar piece.
I may have removed the upper and lower trim pieces first, I do not recall.

Share your experience with any pointers afterwards, if you could with any pics?

I do not have a lot of pics of removing the trim, but found a few.
First shows I removed the upper and lower trim first, second shows the mess under the roof trim.
The rusted out trim clips on the upper and lower windshield trim probably made it easier.

20200919_170719.jpg

20210414_153246.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back