• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing louvered window on a Charger - Can it be done?

Max Wedgeroom

Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, I feel a little silly asking this but I was wondering if you could just unbolt/get rid of the little louvered rear window cover on a 71 up Charger SE? Is it simple and what's behind it if you do? I want to buy one but HATE the louvered cover over the rear passenger window... I'm sure I'm not the Lone Ranger there and some intrepid MoPar guy has been there before me...
Those louvered Chargers are (comparatively) affordable to bottom feeder MoPar guys such as myself and I like them...
Max

71 louver???
You talking about 73-4?
71 and 72 didn't have the louvers.
On 73-4 it involves cutting out the bondo around the backside of the window so paint work is needed. The find the non-se trim.

Hi, many thanks for the response. I'm talking about the later model American Charger and not the Aussie Charger. I love the shape of the later Charger but dislike the window cover and just wondered if it simply unbolted or if there was some kind of major work involved. Thanks, Max

There is a semi b-pillar that you will have to drill out. You will also have to source the quarter glass and regulator, they all bolt in. Door jamb will need to be trimmed for the glass to raise fully. The only real issue, aside from parts sourcing, is the drip rail which is shorter on the SEs. Not impossible but certainly harder in Aussie land.

Here is a 73 that I took apart.

DCP_0032.JPG DCP_0033.JPG

Amazing! Thanks for the response...! I knew there'd be a MoPar guy somewhere that had travelled that path before myself. Many thanks, Max

Auto Transport Service
Back