• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing Seat Side Trim - 66 Satellite

66 Sat

Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
does anyone know how to remove the front seat side trim on a 66 Satellite? There's a screw front and rear that's easy to remove, and the chrome knob for the fore/aft adjuster comes off after loosening the allen head grub screw but there seems to be a centre bracket that also has a screw, and I can't access it. I've pulled the seat out of the car and can see the screw but the main seat frame is in the way, stopping the screwdriver getting there. In the photo it's the trim that's closest to the carpet, facing the door.
Any ideas?
Thanks
661323_257315_134629_045_zpspvjhqmmu.jpg

Seat tracks need to be removed to access that screw.

I've actually managed to remove it with a small screwdriver after unhooking the adjuster spring. What a pain in the *** design - I can't believe I had to take the seat out of the car, and then still couldn't easily access it. I mean, it's a piece that is likely to get scratched and scuffed over the years so should be easily removed for cleaning or painting. I was tempted to cut the bracket off with a Dremel, but I'm glad I got to the screw.

Auto Transport Service
Back