• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Satellite Seat Color

cwilson

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score
It's been alot of years in the making but finally getting to the interior on my 6y Satellite this winter and the seat color has always made me wonder. As the pictures show, my seats are the metallic red but the cologne stripes are black, even confirmed on the back side. When I ordered cover from legendary many years back, I asked them about getting the two tone and I seem to recall their response was it wasn't offered.

I've also searched up pictures online and see mostly single color seats with the occasional that looks more antiqued color for the stripes. There's no turning back now but curious if anyone can shed some light
20231010_203000.jpg
20231010_203005.jpg

Ive seen the dark color stripes in some. but also seen all red in some - all originals

Mine is a red interior car also. Its been redone but is all red. I dont have any pictures of it before restoration

20201025_124500(1).jpg

20201025_124513.jpg

Ive seen the dark color stripes in some. but also seen all red in some - all originals

Mine is a red interior car also. Its been redone but is all red. I dont have any pictures of it before restoration

View attachment 1538068

View attachment 1538069
Love the car! Mines black as well. How do you like the red carpet? I drive my cars alot and have never had colored carpet so was wondering how much upkeep it took. I can't picture going black so will probably look for some nice custom fit floor mats when the time comes

Love the car! Mines black as well. How do you like the red carpet? I drive my cars alot and have never had colored carpet so was wondering how much upkeep it took. I can't picture going black so will probably look for some nice custom fit floor mats when the time comes
Ive got matching mats in same type of carpet material. So My carpet has never had a shoe on them. And I do drive my car. so the mats are just starting to get a small sign of wear. You can just see the wear spot here.
I think a carpet in any other color would look seriously out of place

20230512_155835.jpg

Ive got matching mats in same type of carpet material. So My carpet has never had a shoe on them. And I do drive my car. so the mats are just starting to get a small sign of wear. You can just see the wear spot here.
I think a carpet in any other color would look seriously out of place

View attachment 1538210
Absolutely. I tend to overtime color choices, especially since carpet was missing since day one. Ever since my dad let me paint a 74 d100 viper red many years ago, I'm cautious about doing too much of one color. After we sprayed the truck, we just stared at it thinking, that's ALOT of red. Then proceeded to blackout parts of it to.try and offset. In the end it turned out decent looking but was a little shocking for sure

Those "cowboy" vinyl bands often fade a LOT differently than the rest of the covers.

I've seen a LOT of white interiors with tan faded cowboy bands.

The cowboy vinyl turns dark brown in sunlight. My gold turned brown on top of seats. Check in places where no sun can reach, this has been beaten around before. Pictures of no sun areas please.

The cowboy vinyl turns dark brown in sunlight. My gold turned brown on top of seats. Check in places where no sun can reach, this has been beaten around before. Pictures of no sun areas please.
Sounds good, I'll dig around on them but was pretty sure the cowboy vinyl portion was even black on the backside. It'll be pretty easy since the covers are trashed and I'm redoing them now

I will forwarn you,,,and you may already be aware of it.
But Finding red interior pieces for these cars is dang near impossible.

I recently lucked into a near mint set of original metallic red kick panels and jumped on them immediately (not for resale)
I did pick up a set of the rear armrest pads, and want to find a set of the 13inch long fronts.

Also, The color looks amazing once all in and done. ( may be slightly biased ) It has a pearlescence look to it. And at nite under artificial lights it takes on a copper tone to it

It is hands down my favorite part of the car, bar none.

I will forwarn you,,,and you may already be aware of it.
But Finding red interior pieces for these cars is dang near impossible.

I recently lucked into a near mint set of original metallic red kick panels and jumped on them immediately (not for resale)
I did pick up a set of the rear armrest pads, and want to find a set of the 13inch long fronts.
Good to know, I'll have to start keeping my eyes open more. Thankfully my younger self ordered new legendary covers and foam years ago when I thought I was going to get started on it. Kick panels I think were in decent shape but need to pull them and clean them up. Headliner, door panels and arm rests will be where I turn my attention to next. I have a complete set of black in really good shape but know trying to turn them red would be a mistake

That thing was loaded.

Vert
AC
PW
Clock

You could always mask and dye (vinyl paint) them with SEMs. I don’t personally like to dye seats due to wear but for a detail like that which could easily be touched up years down the road, it would probably work fine. I usually put some SEM semi- flat clear over anything exposed to wear to give it more protection.

Auto Transport Service
Back