• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing torsion bars permanently.

hybrid229

Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
Was wondering if this is possible with the shockwave air ride suspension.

was told air bags make these heavy cars handle like crap??? worst than the t-bars . i do like the dropped look though.

I'm assuming they mount using the stock shock towers locations, wouldn't those need to be reinforced to handle the added stress?

From what I remember seeing when people reinforce the shock towers, they do downbars coming forward off the firewall, to the top of the shock tower, then down to the top of the frame rail. But I wouldn't just rely on the firewall, if doing something like that I would probably tie the firewall end of the bar down into the frame rail as well. I'm no expert but that's where I would start :shruggy:

there's a kit out there for the reinforcements .. same guys that make the form fitting sub-frame connectors and I can't recall the name right now

US CARTOOL http://store.uscartool.com/B-Body-66-70-inner-fender-brace-kit.html

another company makes tubular ones which and there's lower rad support brackets too from more than one source.

Auto Transport Service
Back