• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replace old TKO 5 need advice

I’ve got their Slayer clutch/pressure plate, no break in and works excellent!

Forgot to say it’s rated for 700 plus hp.

Replace or machine flywheel?

If it’s ok, just machine it.

do you think its absolutely necessary to pull the front bucket seats to perform the 727 to tko/t56 conversion? (thread hijack)

i have center console which i would like to retain

my issue: i installed hotchkis subframes and seat bolts on bottom are not fully lined up through access holes in subframe bars....guess i should have used some deep sockets on bolts to help line things up. i guess a sawzall could help here

what do you all think?

watermelon

I would pull seats, console and carpet. Never done one on a B-body but have on others. Are you getting a new tunnel hump? You more than likely will have to trim the floor pan to get the TKO to fit.. Others who have done it will chime in I am sure. Welding will be required.

You do not need to pull out anything. That sawzall will cut through all that stuff just as easy as the floor pan.

Take everything out, you have more room to work and the carpet won’t catch fire.

You do not need to pull out anything. That sawzall will cut through all that stuff just as easy as the floor pan.

i get what ya mean

i am not installing anything yet just getting closer to pulling the trigger on one of these projects

watermelon

Recommendations?
McLeod diaphragm style street strip
Centerforce if you have the couple or several hundred dollars more.
I may go to a hydraulic in the future to keep my 3k+ pounds of clamping pressure but give my left knee a break.

Why guys on here spend a small fortune to put one in is beyond me.
I really like the look and the lights of the stock console, but the cost is really high.
With the installation of my new bucket seats, I'm considering doing something custom, but I want to keep the cost to less than the cost of a complete stock setup.

Gave up the manuals 30 years ago.now I will NEVER give up mu push buttons!!

4.25.18 034.jpg 4.25.18 041.jpg

I will NEVER give up mu push buttons!!
Your "push button solution" really caught my eye in a pic some time ago. How you were able to incorporate them in the environment of the interior of your car is impressive.
I have to ask you though, why? They are simply a cable operated system for doing what a lever, be it column or floor mounted, would do, and in a more performance friendly manner I would think, what with the detente, gates, lock outs, etc. I would think that the SlapStick, which I had in my 71 Charger R/T and I incorporated into my 79 R/T, would be more conducive to the "race track" requirements of an automatic transmission shifter.
What am I missing, or are you just that enamoured by the pushbutton shifter?

Still working on a clutch decision. Flywheel has cracks and plan to replace it too. Current clutch probably came from Keisler, but has been reliable for 70k and a nice feel, easy to work and no chatter. It is stamped: Sachs-Brazil. BBD4148. 18 07 07. AT3009862461001. I want to replicate the performance and longevity anyway. Will call SST tomorrow.

Internal balanced flywheel right?

Nice Dennis, I like your no nonsense approach with your car. you know what you want find the best available parts and get it done.

Auto Transport Service
Back