• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replaced turn signal switch - horn doesn’t work.

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
Bought what I hoped was a decent turn signal switch off eBay for my 66.

Plymouth 1963 1964 1965 1966 Brand New Turn Signal Switch TS102 2631383 2822170 | eBay

The turn signal part works fine but the horn contact is too short to reach the contact plate on the steering wheel. I can ground a test light and reach around and touch the roller on the switch and the horn sounds so I have power to it.

I haven’t pulled the wheel yet to see exactly what, if anything I can try to do short of sending it back. One thought crossed my mind was to put a small washer under the switch on the mounting screw to elevate it slightly. But it might loose stability if not fully seated and still not work reliably.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and found a simple remedy? I really don’t want to have to remove and install another one if I can avoid it.

I’ve been to his warehouse. Spent hours in there. big place. A nice retired guy that took this up for fun. He’s old. His kids may have taken over.

I wouldn’t buy anything he has. Water damaged, previously stored outside, crushed boxes, China copycat parts.

I have a similar sw could be the same and found that the little wheel gets sdeways and wont roll on the steering wheel brass. Also makes a grnding noise when turning. China reverse engineering at its worst. Might something to look at.

I’ve been to his warehouse. Spent hours in there. big place. A nice retired guy that took this up for fun. He’s old. His kids may have taken over.

I wouldn’t buy anything he has. Water damaged, previously stored outside, crushed boxes, China copycat parts.

I sent him essentially the same message. - see if he responds. I tried Halifaxhops first but he didn’t have anything for this early a year so took a chance on this. Damn things are a bitch to remove and replace in a assembled column. I had to pull each conductor through with a separate pull string - couldn’t even get two through at a time. And then removing/installing the plug. Ughh.

I have a similar sw could be the same and found that the little wheel gets sdeways and wont roll on the steering wheel brass. Also makes a grnding noise when turning. China reverse engineering at its worst. Might something to look at.

I think the wheel contact on mine is just too short but will have to pull the wheel to study a bit closer. I am using a stock wheel.

Remove the round contact from the wheel, shim it out a bit to reach the short contact wheel.

I called OCPNW and left a voicemail last summer, they never called back.

Last edited:
I thought it was fixed but I’ll pull it tomorrow and see if that will work.

This is exactly why NOS ones are worth the money.. It's a miserable job and then it needs to be done multiple times..

I’ll keep it in mind if this one looks hopeless.

You know, of the few things this switch needs to do and of all the contacts and points involved, getting the horn contact at the right height should be about the simplest thing to get right.

I believe I have fixed it. For the benefit of anyone else who runs into this, I took some .060 bulk gasket material and cut a gasket to fit under the switch and space it out further. That did the trick as I could see the steering wheel rolling the switch contact wheel before I even tightened the wheel down and the horn is back to honking.
0B8E0E65-3AA4-4F4E-B4EE-21650AE3AA96.jpeg
0E348DD1-7615-4C18-91F7-6AADD655A263.jpeg
570E7438-C0DB-4550-93D0-A8C2739DF4E0.jpeg
B23EBB89-ACCF-41B1-B6E5-62AEA70CA21E.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back