• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement Headliner for '73 Charger SE

Charger Fan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:50 AM
Reaction score
Looking to replace my headliner with the factory matching vinyl. SMS Fabric's has the matching gold color with the right texture but they have such bad reviews I am very hesitant to purchase from them. The interior color code is E6Y4. I believe the color is called Honey Gold. Having trouble finding a matching sample anywhere else I've looked. Any suggestions?

@Charger Fan

20230317_184225.jpg
20230317_184230.jpg
20230317_184412.jpg
20230317_184343.jpg

Not sure if we can make out a vendor from what's left of the label.

It came with a 73 parts car I bought around 2010, so maybe not "20 years old"

"73-2111" is written on the backside in a few places as is "7608" or "7688".

Looks like it has some extra material included.

Looks like the From is Year One. Is it 4 bows or 5? I can't tell if its perforated or not. Also can't tell if the color is "buckskin" or honey gold. A close up would help. Thanks.

I brought one from Legendary a few years back. It was only available in NOS and took a year to get. Im talking pre covid.

Away with family for a few days on spring break so can't verify but from what I remember it is 4 bows. I double check when back home on Wed.

I'll try to count the bow slots today.

I have the Yorkshire cloth headliner and the only place I could find it was SMS. It took a long time to get it but when it did arrive it was perfect and had plenty of extra. Harder to install than vinyl since you cannot get the wrinkles out with a heat gun. Did not have a pic of the, final, final install I just kept working to get the wrinkles out. This was my first headliner ever. Lesson learned is to put the dome lamp screws in first and make a small slit to let them through. I messed mine up and was off by "that" much.

20210421_133336 (1).jpg

20210422_170311.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back