• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement wheel studs help.

JetCoronet

Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
Ive tried like 5 different kinds of studs so far on my Coronet and nothing works. If its long enough then the splines are wrong. If the splines are right, the whole stud is like 3/4 of an inch long(no joke i have one like that)

What studs have yall used to replace the factory ones? My vision is to be able to get the drum and hub apart freely so i can replace the drum now and then and still keep the hub. I just need something that will mash into the hub and be long enough to work.

It appears like the spline area should be about .630 in diameter i think. Im guessing they need to be about 2 1/2 - 3 inches long.

I tried some dormans last month. Kinda crappy. Threads weren't machined deep enough and ruined the lug nuts.

You might ask the Wizard @dadsbee - I’ve seen he’s posted on getting new studs. I switched mine over to all right hand during resto because the left hand idiosyncrasies of Mopar on this is a dying piece of knowledge and for future owners I handed them a break. I don’t remember where I got them….

Ive tried like 5 different kinds of studs so far on my Coronet and nothing works. If its long enough then the splines are wrong. If the splines are right, the whole stud is like 3/4 of an inch long(no joke i have one like that)

What studs have yall used to replace the factory ones? My vision is to be able to get the drum and hub apart freely so i can replace the drum now and then and still keep the hub. I just need something that will mash into the hub and be long enough to work.

It appears like the spline area should be about .630 in diameter i think. Im guessing they need to be about 2 1/2 - 3 inches long.
Why do you need them so long? Are you running a drag car or some super thick spacers?

Here is what I used on my own car, it isn't a drag racer build though.

459 X.JPG

Stock length was short and didn't allow enough thread contact with my aluminum wheels. You can see the shiny replacement in the background above.

459 U.JPG

Stock was 15/16", the Dormans were 1 1/4".

460 R.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back