• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

replacing broken Craftsman

Ahe the old days, bought a top box craftsman at a garage sale for 20 bucks ....box and tools where rusted ....? went to sears and they replacd every thing including the top box itself.? I remember a total of $200 or more.......
Those where the days.....
And Sears went bankrupt years back.

I was working in a shop in the 80s and once a year we took all the broken Craftsman tools to Sears for an exchange. Sometimes we'd have a five gallon bucket full. Then one year they pointing out how some of the screwdrivers didn't have USA on them. No exchange. Well they were the ones they replaced with the year before.

Glad to hear ACE and Lowes is replacing them.

I purchased a small electric Craftsman pressure washer a few years ago after the glowing review one of my acquaintance's gave the model I have. Last year the gun started leaking when the trigger was pulled. I mentioned it to my acquaintance, and he had trouble with his unit, so he gave me the gun and hose for spares. Soon the spare gun started leaking so I attempted to contact Craftsman for repair parts (o-rings) as they do not break down components smaller than the gun assembly. When I called, I was sent to (evidently) the company that constructed these washer assemblies for Craftsman. Well to wrap up, after inquiring twice, and being hung up on twice, I gave up and decided to never buy any more Craftsman junk.
Mike

I purchased a small electric Craftsman pressure washer a few years ago after the glowing review one of my acquaintance's gave the model I have. Last year the gun started leaking when the trigger was pulled. I mentioned it to my acquaintance, and he had trouble with his unit, so he gave me the gun and hose for spares. Soon the spare gun started leaking so I attempted to contact Craftsman for repair parts (o-rings) as they do not break down components smaller than the gun assembly. When I called, I was sent to (evidently) the company that constructed these washer assemblies for Craftsman. Well to wrap up, after inquiring twice, and being hung up on twice, I gave up and decided to never buy any more Craftsman junk.
Mike

Why wouldn't you just go to the local hardware store and buy some f'n o-rings !!!

I had a snap on socket replaced after I retired. I called snap on and gave them the model number and what was wrong and they sent me a replacement for free. Craftman seem to be sold by everybody now. If I remember Sears didn't make anything just marketed stuff under their umbrella.

There are rebuild kits on eBay for ratchets. It has new needle bearings and grease. You just need a snap ring pliers to disassemble the ratchet.

Why wouldn't you just go to the local hardware store and buy some f'n o-rings !!!
I did but, they only had a pathetic assortment and I bought two of the same size, even though the valve had a step in the diameter. I'll just buy a better unit. I already have a larger gas powered machine but, the electric is so easy to set up and use.
Mike

Just asking for my own education - was the free replacement policy one from Craftsman or one from Sears. Lowes carries Craftsman here now but curious if they honor the same policy?
I got a replacement from Ace Hrdware
Had to insist to see a manger though.
Manager quickly made the swap but WPA

This just broke the other day, clicker switch broke off.
Last time I swapped a socket was at Sears, they tried to give me a rebuild kit, I insisted on a new socket, non swivel kind.
I still have it.

This time I'm worried about the quality of new vs old, I'll have to check out the new ones.
I'm thinking if I can get the part I will, and fix it myself.

20220706_123406.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back