• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repop seat foam?

beeguy

Banned
Banned
Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone repop seat foam for the bench type seats? I've found it for buckets only.

I don't think I have ever heard of anyone repopping benchseat foam. The same goes for rear seats. You just have to take these to an upholster or do it yourself.

I don't think I have ever heard of anyone repopping benchseat foam. The same goes for rear seats. You just have to take these to an upholster or do it yourself.

Yes, it is just simple flat sheet foam. Any upholstery supply house will have it. In fact, original bench seats only used a paper thin sheet over burlap. There was an option for 69-71, sales code C65, BENCH SET--AIR FOAM which in fact was just a thicker sheet of foam. I would put a 2" sheet of high density foam in as it will be a much firmer seat suface.

Thanks, I'm not used to things being that easy.

Legendary Auto Interiors sells it, along with all of the other items that you will need to rebuild your seats. I used it on the front and rear seats when we restored my son's 72 Dart Swinger's interior and I will use it on my rear seat in my 66 Coronet 500 when I start it's interior restoration soon. It's a very high quality closed cell foam and I've been very happy with it. It's 2" thick and you can buy it in various lengths.

Richard

www.legendaryautointeriors.com

1-800-363-8804

1972 Dart Swinger- restored with BEAUTIFUL Legendary Auto Interior products! .jpg

1972 Dart Interior back seat.jpg

Legendary Auto Interiors sells it, along with all of the other items that you will need to rebuild your seats. I used it on the front and rear seats when we restored my son's 72 Dart Swinger's interior and I will use it on my rear seat in my 66 Coronet 500 when I start it's interior restoration soon. It's a very high quality closed cell foam and I've been very happy with it. It's 2" thick and you can buy it in various lengths.

Richard

www.legendaryautointeriors.com

1-800-363-8804

Next time you need some go to Tempe Sales in Tempe, AZ.. They are a supplier to the upholstery trade and you will save money on both the cost and the shipping.

Auto Transport Service
Back