• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repop superbird wings....

Why the question marks? I'm looking at a Janak reproduction or the Showcars wing and now I heard Stinger Fiberglass has a wing. I'm looking for feedback on quality and also looking to know if there are other options out there.

I'd like to know as well. I will be looking for a wing soon too, and would like to know what the various opinions and experiences are. On the same topic...

- What about the wing washers and braces - who makes these?
- Washers and braces - What's better, steel or fibreglass?
- Costs?

If I'm not mistaken, Don CURRIE, the batmobile guy in BC, also makes wings. I'm unsure if he makes them in fibreglass, steel, or both.

Looking forward to the input.

I purchased the parts to make a kit from Showcars. The wing was the probably the best piece that I received, and it has a belly to the crossbar. I went with Showcars because I thought I was going to save some money over Janek....my mistake. Luckily I found a fiberglass guy to work with what I got from Showcars, but it cost me an extra couple grand to get everything fixed and installed on the car. If anyone wants to hear the rest of the story from showcars feel free to contact me.
David

if you are going to use a fiberglass wing buy janeks , his is hand down the best

but i have a buddy don in canada who can make you a steel one that is very good , while not the factory aluminum like it should be its a very good substitute

dons email is Don superbird parts canada( [email protected] )

tell don i sent you he will hook you up

stuart

I purchased the parts to make a kit from Showcars. The wing was the probably the best piece that I received, and it has a belly to the crossbar. I went with Showcars because I thought I was going to save some money over Janek....my mistake. Luckily I found a fiberglass guy to work with what I got from Showcars, but it cost me an extra couple grand to get everything fixed and installed on the car. If anyone wants to hear the rest of the story from showcars feel free to contact me.
David
post up some pictures and more of your story please , I know show cars wing is like a one piece right ? and it does really sway in the middle right ???

I'd like to know as well. I will be looking for a wing soon too, and would like to know what the various opinions and experiences are. On the same topic...

- What about the wing washers and braces - who makes these?
- Washers and braces - What's better, steel or fibreglass?
- Costs?

If I'm not mistaken, Don CURRIE, the batmobile guy in BC, also makes wings. I'm unsure if he makes them in fibreglass, steel, or both.

Looking forward to the input.

my buddy larry roper in arkansas make the wing braces in steel , I think erik nelson in minnesota and mike goyette (dayclona ) make the wing washers in steel , dont use the fiber glass wing washers if oyu can help it

Last edited:
of course if you watch ebay you can usually grab a real one for $2500.00 and then you can do this .

Attachments

• 6920153-72f7_girls.jpg
    6920153-72f7_girls.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,231
  • 3108497wing girl dc.jpg
    3108497wing girl dc.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,885
David

I also would love to hear the whole story.

What's the weight of:

1. An original wing
2. A janak fiberglass wing
3. Stuarts buddy's steel wing
4. Stuarts buddy's wing done in aluminum if it's available

Mine is a race application. I don't need to put hot chicks on it!

Same question on the noses. I heard the janak nose was very heavy. What's an original nose weigh? I sent an email to the guy that does the noses in steel but have yet to get a reply.

Same question on the noses. I heard the janak nose was very heavy. What's an original nose weigh? I sent an email to the guy that does the noses in steel but have yet to get a reply.

email don on the nose too i'm pretty sure he can make you a steel nose also

he just now borrowed my a pillar chromes and is going to copy and start making those !! he can and will be making most of the stuff .

What's the weight of:

1. An original wing
2. A janak fiberglass wing
3. Stuarts buddy's steel wing
4. Stuarts buddy's wing done in aluminum if it's available

Mine is a race application. I don't need to put hot chicks on it!

if i remember correctly the factory wing is about 90 pounds and made out of air craft grade aluminum , the janek steel reinforce fiberglass ones are about 50 pounds . Not sure on dons steel wing ??? you might email don on that question ?

i dont know that car ? is it just a photo shop ???

there are three creations that color out there , mine is the only one with customer white decals .

first two pictures are of my buddy dans from wisconsin (white interior) blk top
next two are of mine in KC ( white interior ) white top
last one is of lyles in wichita ks (blk interior ) No top

Attachments

• 37542dc dans birdy_.jpg
    37542dc dans birdy_.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,318
  • 3dcdcbirdy.jpg
    3dcdcbirdy.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,256
  • 3108497wing girl dc.jpg
    3108497wing girl dc.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,186
  • ianadcfgt.jpg
    ianadcfgt.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,134
  • aarc083dclyle.jpg
    aarc083dclyle.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,156
Stuart,
It's a "what if" rendition I found online while looking for superbird wing and nose reference pictures. I thought you'd like it. While a convertible would be cool, I'm not building one of those.

I did get with Don. I wish i could afford to have him just do the whole car! He sent me photos of his work, it's incredible. I will get a steel plug from Don whenever I can find a real glass superbird window, which doesn't seem to be soon! I bought a steel nose from Gene Gregory and will be picking that up on Sunday. I ordered a fiberglass bolt on hood and fiberglass fenders from Glasstek and will get them in a couple of weeks. Wanted carbon fiber, but it doubled the price. It's going to be a 25.3 drag radial car. 7.90's at 170 in the quarter if all goes well, and full street legal.

Auto Transport Service
Back