• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Washer Reservoir

Nxcoupe

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:02 PM
Reaction score
I had 2 new reservoirs, one I bought(70 or so bucks with shipping) and the other was in the trunk. I put the one that came with the car on, using the existing holes for the screws to go into and filled up the reservoir. I came out the next day to a huge puddle under the car and all the fluid had leaked out. Crack near the mounting hole. Got the new one I bought and installed it. Filled it and sure enough, it's leaking on the other side! Both cracked and leaking. I think the original holes are too far apart and caused the brittle, shitty plastic to crack. So now what? Anyone ever fix one of these? If so, how did you do it? I have some ideas, but would like to hear success stories before I do it. Thanks in advance.

Empty and dry - that’s pretty much the way I leave mine in my old cars. I don’t dry them in damp weather in order to not tempt the rust demons and don’t have any need for fluid in them.

One on mine was new ,,,
,in 2004 when the car was done. Same goes for an nos washer pump

its never had fluid in it,,,and odds are never will .

20201018_150647.jpg

My new one was leaking, but it turned out to be the hose barb. I put a clamp on the hose and now it is fine.

new air filter.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back