• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro wiper blades from Dante’s arrived today, anybody using these?

And, as everyone could check on the pic posted by 72RoadrunnerGTX, the look and fitment is perfect and I can testify they wipe perfectly on my car being a driver on a tropical country.

The design of these Trico produces the perfect tension over all the rubber fill lenght, way better than the Ancos. Also follow better the windshield curve.

The installation over the bayonet end is snap on and actually more firm than Ancos, without any play on pin which Ancos get. No need for release tabs since is spring loaded. Sure is kinda scary because you can feel they could jump out easily while wiping over the glass but so far so good it hasn't happened to me yet.

However I can't recall mines being painted, but with the original SS finish like should be!

Thank you Nacho I really appreciate your help and knowledge. The pictures of my wiper blades were still wrapped and they have a chrome finish and looks like the same attachment that will work. :thumbsup::luvplace:

Thank you Nacho I really appreciate your help and knowledge. The pictures of my wiper blades were still wrapped and they have a chrome finish and looks like the same attachment that will work. :thumbsup::luvplace:

Oh I thought to ones mounted on car were already the repro ones so That's why I said what I said!!!

Whatever, I detailed better the pics of the ones packaged yet and if they are with the correct finish ( hard to tell from pics ) they are at least same look than ANCOS. STILL I think they are pretty expensive for what they are. I THINK those replacements are still available from NAPA on a regular price being not sold as repros, just as regular replacements.

Anyway, after have used ANCOS ( which I got used but new refills ) and Trico Classic on my car, there is no comparision, Tricos hands down for how they look, fit and wipe. At least the old ones with correct finish. I hope mines will last long forever just requesting refills.

The good is, being back in production ( still with wrong finish ) is the correct refills will be also available and won't be needing to work on generic replacements to make them fit on my blades.

Got my Trico wipers today. They are painted a metallic silver. Look pretty good. Thanks Nacho.

Got my Trico wipers today. They are painted a metallic silver. Look pretty good. Thanks Nacho.

Good, let me know the details once you have yours on. I have been waiting for the weather to improve a little so I can play with my replacements. :thumbsup::luvplace::thankyou::thankyou:

The Trico are much lower profile than what I have been using. With the new Trico blades I was able to adjust the rear of the hood down even with the fenders. I had to raise it with the black wipers I was using.

20210228_165923[1].jpg 20210228_165932[1].jpg 20210228_165946[1].jpg

The Trico are much lower profile than what I have been using. With the new Trico blades I was able to adjust the rear of the hood down even with the fenders. I had to raise it with the black wipers I was using.

View attachment 1077399 View attachment 1077400 View attachment 1077401

Fantastic, looks like we both had the same idea today.:lol:

I went out today and put my new wipers on today and the clearance is now where it should be with the hood even with the fender. These blades are 8mm wide so I can get the right width when replacing the inserts.
:xscuseless::thumbsup:

1903B750-6FC4-4430-BEE8-66B9845C5B2C.jpeg 24B4B45E-1811-44D0-A11F-36F88A191D3C.jpeg EAA5434D-A2A1-43EB-B617-7D0FBC421F81.jpeg B87E69A4-8ED0-4FE9-BB99-6DD8F95348D3.jpeg B2F9E38D-CEEF-4E37-8307-C1575CB3B57A.jpeg 05D6FD92-2F47-405B-9D0C-C8D501D57CCC.jpeg 16B2C7E5-0C98-408E-AD08-1F68185CDE54.jpeg 85543B26-9451-467D-94C3-2FDCC6F763AB.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back