• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction Front Parking brake cable

mopar73dge

Local time
9:02 PM
Reaction score
Recently purchased a front park brake cable for my 73 Charger, the ends had cheap thin spring fasteners one end for the Park brake end one end for the frame. The original fasteners that go on the end of the cable covering I have and still in good shape the front like new the frame end partially rusted, but still holding. I attempt to install the end in the brake release mechanism, the little clips broke and did not hold, the other end the same, there is no way these will ever work. I called IN LINE Tube they said they use original parts as a reference, well they do not match what I have size, material strength or quality, they insisted this is correct what they make. They also said they never had a complaint ever about this, I looked on line for a factory type clip. R/T specialties has them see the pic, but out of stock, Year one has reproductions, no pic but if you google (1972 B-Body park brake cable fastener) the reason I need a park brake pad it shows for a 1972 , although mine looks look's a 72 it's in a 73, any way... a picture pops up and they web site is shown on the photo it looks exactly like mine. I had I.L.T. look at this same picture, they will not get these for me they insist I am wrong they are right. I ordered from year one to complete the job and have it durable like the factory intended.

Auto Transport Service
Back