• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction hood pins

t.flatt

Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
I ordered these as a Mopar official licensed product. What a joke! The chrome plates that screw to the hood are basically stickers. I measured them at a whopping 1/64th" thick! No washers, no rubber. I put an original thicker pin in the pic for comparison. I'm sure Mancini has good stuff, but these are not. The ones on Dante's website look like the read deal. Who licenses this crap to be an official product?

20240131_170331.jpg

20240131_170438.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah they look bad.. I think Dales Cuda shop is the supplier to Dante.

They look exactly like the picture on the Mancini site. The reproduction-style pin set costs more than $40.

More Junk with an "Official Licensed Product" label.... Mancini aught to warn ya, but Mopar licensed it....

Back in the 80's there were no reproductions and clean originals were getting hard to come by... NOS had pretty much dried up.... My buddy machined up about two dozen sets out of a solid stainless steel bar.... Wish I still had a set.. Should have pulled them off the car & replaced them with repo bezels...

They look exactly like the picture on the Mancini site. The reproduction-style pin set costs more than $40.
Now that I went back and looked, they do. It doesn't help that when you "click to enlarge", the picture gets smaller. Do they even look at the products they're selling? These are a half step better than a shiny sticker.

More Junk with an "Official Licensed Product" label.... Mancini aught to warn ya, but Mopar licensed it....

Back in the 80's there were no reproductions and clean originals were getting hard to come by... NOS had pretty much dried up.... My buddy machined up about two dozen sets out of a solid stainless steel bar.... Wish I still had a set.. Should have pulled them off the car & replaced them with repo bezels...
At least there are good re-pops out now! I'll be ordering the ones from Dale's Cuda Shop.

Auto Transport Service
Back