• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction Parts

66_B_Body4ever

Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
As many of us are piecing our cars together and we have a vast selection of aftermarket parts to choose from, invariably we will come across the good the bad and the ugly for fit and finish. Lets put a thread together where we can share this information. Please list manufacturer of the part, Reproduction part number if available, Supplier and cost. Hyperlinks to the manufacturers site would be an asset as well. We could all benefit by this. Perhaps this could be a category on its own with subsections for Body, Glass, Trim, Interior etc. What do you think Mr Moderator?

Great idea, after finishing a restoration on my Challenger I can say 99% of the PG Classic stuff is pretty nice. I'm just getting started on the Bee but my guess is his B body stuff is as well.

I'd love to see this thread take off with specific reports , what better way to reward good parts makers and vendors and weed out the junk.

OHD, what you say is true and it can be difficult to sort out who's BSing us, however if we see patterns in reporting from our members it could work. From what I can see on this site, we have enough people that have already been around the block with alot of this stuff and their experience alone would be an asset to all of us. I work in the Collision repair industry and have to deal with a lot of late model reproduction stuff and let me tell you, there is alot of junk out there, but there is alot of good stuff too. Our insurance company has implemented a 3 strikes your out rule for parts that aren't acceptable (once three independent shops report a bad part it's stricken from the master list of jobber parts). If at least the membership here reported on bad experiences we would be further ahead and would know to stay away from that seller.

Just an idea, I see potential in it...lets put our heads together on this.

I have no idea how to organize this on the site.....mods can do that I guess.
I think it is a great idea!
Not only parts houses/suppliers but used part places as well, like recyclers or independent guys that specialize in Mopar stuff.
I can supply the first "cudo" for AMD. I have installed full floor pan and a one piece trunk floor in my B Body. They both fit like gloves! Didn't even have to get the hammer and dolly out of the tool box!
I will say that their service was good but if they don't have your piece in stock or are "in development" do not set any time table that is dependent on that part....it will get here when and if it gets here!

Distributor Grade Reason

March Performance C- Pulleys machined incorrectly

MagnumForce Racing F K-member sucked... so did customer service - stay clear

Keisler Auto F Customer Service horrible... wrong parts, shitty products

Year One Inc. C 10 Month wait on a wiring harness... enough said

WestOaks Dodge A+ Troy is the Man! - actually knows his products!

Mayo Performance A Jason is a great guy to deal with - no problems at all

Billet Specialties B+ Great Product but OMG expensive

Summit Racing B Awesome except getting piston rings that are broken

AutoZone B Good one by my house - counter guy knows cars

RedLine Gauge Works C Average... too high of price - IMO - decent work

SMS Restorations B Good prices but easy work

Classic Auto Air F- **** these guys... cant do **** without breaking something

Budnik Wheels D 11 month wait on wheels...

Arrington Engines B+ Minor hassle but they made up for it to the customer... good

AMD A Awesome products - Inner fender fit like a dream

Edelbrock A- Got a bent cam from them once... but they took care of it

440 Source A Good prices - no bad personal experience

Engle Camshafts A+ Great grinds and good tech... best cams out there IMO

INDY Cylinder heads C Problems with crate hemi... beware rocker of arms failing

ARP Fasteners A- Got a blank stud once... kinda cool but annoying wait

Evan's wiring A Awesome to deal with - stand by their products

Rolling thunder, this is exactly what we need, If we could culminate your results with that of others on a simple grading system A-F and summarize the results we would have a great cross section of suppliers. If we see a pattern of poor performance we can make a 'blacklist' of nasty suppliers...now just to come up with a format!

Honestly - If someone would make a spreadsheet with Excel - it could be viewed easier than on this forum and just make it a attachment and this post a sticky ?

Who would protect the website owner against liable from nutcases posting total BS and him/her getting sued?

Well - I see your point on this... it is up to the mod ultimately... I simply stated what I have learned of these companies through dealing with them... My view is if they do not want people talking bad about them they should do a better job...

So what do the mods think ?

I've never had any problem with someone venting over a problem with a vendor. I had a couple of words to say concerning a sway bar I recently purchased. BUT I didn't rag, and the issue was taken care of relatively quickly. I simply disseminated info that I thought was important for others to know.

BUT....that being said.....ratting a vendor out on a site like this with a rating system which may, or may not, be based on a REAL problem could possibly open the site up to lord knows what kind of legal action.

It sounded like a good idea at the time...points well taken. I still think opening a thread for discussion on parts is a good idea sans the rating system. Thanks for the input...

I think the system is in place - this message board! If you had an experience that knocked your socks off then tell us!! If your experience sucked, tell us that too. Those of us reading will have to take it with a grain of salt.

So rather than an inflexible grading system chart maybe just adding a section called "vendor feedback" or something like that would be good. It would just be a place to report on one's personal opinion just like the rest of this site.

Yup...sounds good. I will put up as much objective information as I can throughout my build in a new thread once I assemble info. The biggest problem for some will be leaving emotions out of the reports! Let er' rip eh!

year-one-A plus for product, No problem, The freight charges are a rip off being they are not priced to have to charge your last three newborn to get your parts. Freight and time frame to get parts- D-
Jegs, Have not had a problem with parts or time frame to get them-A plus

Summit Racing A+ never any trouble, most shipping is free
Jegs A+
The Paddock B Never any troubles really,but back orders take a while,Got my order one time didn't know two parts were on back order until my shippment arrived.They should have let me know this when I placed the order.
PAW A+ never any troubles
Year One Parts A+,Shipping F They rob you pretty bad on shipping I quit buying from them about 8 years ago because of this.
Hardens A+ never any troubles
Jim

Bought an aftermaket gas tank for my 66 Satellite.Vent tube is welded in.Stock had a gromet and slid in out for adjustment.Of course new rubber line is to short!Blamed myself for buyinga "deal".Then I call Year One & Paddock to get a lecture on how my couldn't have a vent tube that slid in & out.All I wanted was a rubber line the correct length.They never had anybody call about this b4.Huh?Anybody else had this problem?I don't think work on mopars.

bought front suspension kit from PST was quick for shipping, good pricing, got wrong swaybay bushing and was upgraded for the right one quickly with no problems. rate an A+

anybody buy a repo gas tank with vent welded in?bought one for my 66 satellite had to make longer rubber elbow.does anybody make a longer elbow?none the suppliers no what i'm talking about.stock tanks vent tubes slide in&out.anyone else had this problem?what did you do?

Adeals is a good place....they are a goodmark and AMD distributor...they pretty much carry sheet metal, gas tanks/sending units, fuel/brake lines, front end rebuild kits, weather stripping, stuff like that.
They are usually a few bucks cheaper than most places, have reasonable shipping prices, and are quick to ship.

I give them an A.

http://www.adealsauto.com/

Jason

I bought a replacement gas tank. It came with a gromet where the filler tube goes into the gas tank. The gromet isn't tight enough around the filler tube and gas leaks out. I am wondering if putting a screw clamp around the outside of the gromet will stop the leaking.
Has anyone had this problem and used this solution to solve the problem?

Auto Transport Service
Back