• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction taillight chrome surround pieces

Ayuh... The trim for the deck lid never had a seal or a gasket of any kind, but I may add one to mine... Bees Wax or RTV at the threads, or a perhaps a strip of 3M Automotive Molding Tape applied to the back... anything really that will help keep moisture from entering the bottom of the trunk lid... you know, the famous area where all the rot and corrosion starts on these deck lids.

... and Thanks for the Kudos concerning the gaskets fellas, much appreciated.

Ayuh... The trim for the deck lid never had a seal or a gasket of any kind, but I may add one to mine... Bees Wax or RTV at the threads, or a perhaps a strip of 3M Automotive Molding Tape applied to the back... anything really that will help keep moisture from entering the bottom of the trunk lid... you know, the famous area where all the rot and corrosion starts on these deck lids.

... and Thanks for the Kudos concerning the gaskets fellas, much appreciated.

Yep. I'm doing something similar (threads and backing). I do fab and paint at a sign shop. Keep up the good work!

Trim pieces installed with the new gaskets I made... looking good :thumbsup:

IMG_7578.jpg

Last edited:
$$ Cost $$

The cost of raw the materials needed to reproduce them, plus shipping.
Complete kits, or individual pieces, it takes roughly 3 days to make them, due to the lengthy 3 stage process involved, but I don't charge friends for time & labor. Nor do I attempt to recoup costs for any time or money spent producing the actual molds. I had to make them for myself anyway, so the chance to help out a few other folks along the way, was just a side benefit.

Auto Transport Service
Back