• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resto has begun!!!

HEMIHUNTER

Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
After 2 years the restoration has begun :thumbsup:. After 2 neck fusions and a client that wouldn't pay work has finally started and I couldn't be happier. Apologies to MOPAR Lou for losing touch abt back glass but I had issues... So I bought a floor from AMD, need about 12 inches of the bottom of the firewall, trunk floor and lid, and back floor up to trunk floor..
The trim is dent free except for the 1 pictured, just needs refinishing

ATT_1404775553755_cars for sale.jpg DSCF3421.JPG DSCF3810.JPG DSCF3904.JPG DSCF3893.JPG fitting front floor pans.JPG fitting rear floor pans.JPG original miles.JPG Fender Tag.JPG DSCF3910.JPG

What rear end should be there? It's #s matching 383 4 speed with dealer installed Offenhauser dual-quad intake and carbs

Good luck! lol- I need to get off of here and go work on mine.

I need advise....so, when I bought this car on craigslist after viewing a few pics and talking to Rocky,(a great guy), my intention was to build the BIG BLOCK 4SPD I always wanted, ...a big block 4spd with headers and 2 3/4 pipes with electronic cutouts, steel blk rear wheels and T.thrust fronts (magnesium).......
Now, with the help of FBBO I find that the car is 1 of 1039 with 61,232 orig miles, it has the#s matching 383 with the dealer installed Offenhauser daul quad intake and carbs, and 4sp......

what is the smart direction, I bought a really nice duplicate motor from John Zafia so I could not mess with the orig... help

Thk you, I'm scared to screw up something important, how do I find out more about the car

you can have Chrysler hystoric look up the vin in there master list to find out more it will cost a few bucks but well worth it

only the major dealers back in the 60's where allowed to sell over the counter race parts such as offy edelbrock hurst parts with stamped on Chrysler part numbers find the dealers name then check the drag racing lists from the 60's to find out if they where a team sponcor

most drag pack cars where coronets and belveders

I would keep it original, but just me. It's hard to come across a #s matching cars so if I did I'd keep it that way.

She's a cool project car. This will be a fun thread to follow. Take your time and do it right.

If you change anything just hang on to the original parts in case the next guy wants it stock. Sweet project!

I'm so conflicted, Bottom line, with the other cars we have it's not gonna be in everyday driver so I suppose I want it the way the guy ordered it and then had the dealer install the dual quads and rims , Now that I've said that in my head I decided **** it we have a 71 barracuda convertible power steering, we have a 2008 SRT8 Challenger, so this baby is gonna be original....

Do what you want with the car and don't worry about the next guy because this is not a desirable big money car, do what will make you happy.

IMHO no discs or p/s. That might make you drive it a little more sensible(?)!

Auto Transport Service
Back