• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

restore wiper arms

citadel

Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know of the best way to restore the metal wiper arms? Not the blade part but the arms themselves....
At over 40 years old these have seen better days....

The wiper arms should be a flat aluminum color... I polished mine just for the added appeal...

The best way to restore them would probably just be simple green and a sponge as they shouldnt rust at all - just be dirty. Again, they should not be polished or shiny... they are flat aluminum to combat glare that could get in the eyes of the driver.

They have a bead blasted look so I bead blasted mine and they look stock.

Attachments

• 100_2564.jpg
    100_2564.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 280
did you refinish them after bead blasting?

I really had just finished bead blasting them and am trying to figure out what kind of finish. Probably satin clear.

Being that they are stainless steel, you can go either way...polished or matte finish.

- If you wish them to be matte, just use scotch brite/ steel wool/ or 1,000 grit (or above) sand paper.

- If you wish them to be polished (like chrome) put a 4" buffing wheel on your stationary grinder, load up the wheel with some 'White' ruche (sp?), (stick type polishing compound) and go to town. I did all my window trim and wiper blades on my `66 Belvedere II. With the sedate paint color they really help the car to 'pop'.

Yeah - mine will be mostly a show car - if it is a huge problem I'll just have them bead blasted and matte clear

Auto Transport Service
Back