• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored cars...a question

Rebellion

Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
Just a question, merely out of curiosity.

Did you retain left hand wheel studs/lugs on the driver's side or did you convert to right hand?

Thanks all!

Since I converted a manual drum car to front PDB, I changed the L/REAR to RH lug nuts. I didn't want it to feel lonely.

I didn't change the wheel studs. Mine actually has LH on 3 corners - driver side front & rear as well as pass. side front since PO replaced that hub/disc assembly with a used one that must have come from the driver’s side.

Just a question, merely out of curiosity.

Did you retain left hand wheel studs/lugs on the driver's side or did you convert to right hand?

Thanks all!
All right on mine. But its not by the numbers.

I've run the LH studs on any and all of my cars that had them when they came into my possession.

It's one of the endearing quirks of the Mopar "personality".

Not sure what I'm going to do on my 67 though when it's time for it's disk brake conversion.

Still using the LH nuts. I figure since I'm the only one that removes them there won't be anyone using an impact driver tightening them trying to remove them.

Still righty loosy on the left side of mine

My 67 still has the lefts front and back.
Reused my hubs during the disc conversion.

I always change mine over to RH all the way around. I don't go to the kind of shows where people are looking that closely at my nuts. LOL
I don't want to take the chance that some goofball at a tire or alignment shop is going to twist a stud off.

I only asked because my car is in the restoration process and I didn't know there was an option to keep it original. Thank you and I won't!

Still LH on my '70.

Auto Transport Service
Back