• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greetings from Arizona

OldGuyGTX

Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Senior citizen here, my first introduction to b bodies was in 1969, a hemi rr 833/4.11. Street racing in So. Calif was a daily event, after returning from Vietnam, the street racing scene was over.

Over 50 years later and with a full head of white hair, things have come full circle and I find myself with a same color 69 GTX/440/727/4.11.
One of my favorite rr views was from the same angle as this GTX; it's amazing how long ago memories are just a picture thought away, same as the sounds from a dig. :)

1969-plymouth-gtx-left rear.jpg

1969-plymouth-gtx-build tag.jpg

Welcome from another GTX owner in Southern CA, from one old guy to another !!
What a nice '69 you have there, great color.
Hope you're driving the heck out of it.
Lot's of talented guys here to help out if you need anything.

Welcome from another GTX owner in Southern CA, from one old guy to another !!
What a nice '69 you have there, great color.
Hope you're driving the heck out of it.
Lot's of talented guys here to help out if you need anything.
Always like new thoughts. Waiting for the car to be transported in, waiting to add vintage air too. :) Arizona is a tad bit warmer than So Cal and I'm used to creature comforts. :)

Welcome from Western NY! Nice car!
We got guys in this place who have some pretty amazing history with GTX's. And I know I'm a bit biased here, but this is the best Mopar forum on the web IMO.
@68BabyBlue

Where in Arizona?
The wife and I are looking to move to northern AZ.
The higher elevations have temps similar to here in northern CA.

Nice GTX, love that color

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from PA. Another old GTX guy here, I’ve owned seven in 50 years. The latest in the picture. I test drove it 53 years ago, and finally bought it last year.

B3D48AC2-B582-4BFC-A0EC-01DE411A3723.jpeg

Senior citizen here, my first introduction to b bodies was in 1969, a hemi rr 833/4.11. Street racing in So. Calif was a daily event, after returning from Vietnam, the street racing scene was over.

Over 50 years later and with a full head of white hair, things have come full circle and I find myself with a same color 69 GTX/440/727/4.11.
One of my favorite rr views was from the same angle as this GTX; it's amazing how long ago memories are just a picture thought away, same as the sounds from a dig. :)

View attachment 1531210

View attachment 1531236
Gray hair? Let me know when you are bald on top like me.:lol:
Welcome from NJ!
IMG_4324.jpeg
IMG_3926.gif
IMG_3817.gif
IMG_3677.gif
IMG_3528.gif
IMG_3533.gif
IMG_3220.gif
IMG_3259.gif
IMG_2869.gif
IMG_3071.gif

Where in Arizona?
The wife and I are looking to move to northern AZ.
The higher elevations have temps similar to here in northern CA.

I live in the high desert of SE Arizona, down by the Border. You'll be able to snow ski up north, beautiful country with those tall firs. :)

Welcome from Western NY! Nice car!
We got guys in this place who have some pretty amazing history with GTX's. And I know I'm a bit biased here, but this is the best Mopar forum on the web IMO.
@68BabyBlue

I've been lurking here for years, just had old stories w/o a present ride. FWIW, I didn't know the Mrs at the time, but she had a 68 Charger R/T 440 with an 833, she went through more tires than I did with hemi, go figure. :)

Anyway, thank you and I like the knowledge base here.

Auto Transport Service
Back