• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Riddle Me This Batman" 1975, 1976 Dodge Charger

Jrrrrr

Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
Ok, Gentlemen
Please Explain This Car (Pictures Below)
A Fellow High School Classmate had one of these.
Was it in the years of the Muscle Cars? ...NO
400CI
But it was a sharpest Factory Package Stripe Kit...
His was Loaded All Black
I have seen only a few others.
Please dig Deep
Thank you

48292447987_79ca15f03d_m.jpg

48292347371_5d7a4321c7_h.jpg

Last edited:
I had that one, well close.... think it may have been '75 Plymouth RR in a plastic car model as a kid.... it was quite popular.... looks awesome in black... i think my model was silver.....

Last edited:
I had that one in a plastic car model as a kid.... it was quite popular.... looks awesome in black... i think my model was silver.....
Cool,... I would Love the Model

That's either a Charger or Charger Sport. It uses similar style as the Plymouth Fury. The Charger SE was a Cordoba look-alike. Neither version was well accepted, sales were poor, so they scrapped it for the Masgnum.

I Loved the Magnum...Dave Kindig should do one!

That's either a Charger or Charger Sport. It uses similar style as the Plymouth Fury. The Charger SE was a Cordoba look-alike. Neither version was well accepted, sales were poor, so they scrapped it for the Masgnum.
It wasn't so much that the SE wasn't well accepted, it was more likely the fact that after adding a few options, most people figured they may as well get the Cordoba so they could say they drove a Chrysler instead.

It wasn't so much that the SE wasn't well accepted, it was more likely the fact that after adding a few options, most people figured they may as well get the Cordoba so they could say they drove a Chrysler instead.
Exactly, and that's why the charger wasn't well accepted, for exactly the reason you stated. Plus, the Charger WAS a performance muscle-car, not any longer. Same with road runner. Body styling was not "musclecar" anymore.

I wonder what the Order Code was for the Stripes Package was?

It doesn't say "Sport" so it may be a base line Charger. Sport would either be where the Charger is on the fender or about half way up on the sail panel

(I thought I'd go and look through all my dealership brochures and see if I could find something like it. But nope! I have everyone other B-body 75-79 except 76 Charger, I don't know how that's possible. A 76 charger was/is my first B-body. Ebay here I come!)
The "Charger" decal under the mirror is definitely not factory. The side stripes look like a factory style but I don't think they are because they are below the break line, stripes low on Mopars were usually all the way low (i.e. right above the rocker). Also they are right next to the edge of the wheel opening and in the same exact place where side mouldings would be and/or wheel opening mouldings. Never seen stripe tape in the same location as mouldings. Probably dealer installed, or a modern interpenetration of a classic stripe.

That being said... They look SWEEEEEET. Very 70's.

There was a Charger Daytona of that vintage, iirc.

Is the OP photo ofthe car current ? It IS a cool, unusual car, no matter what. Never seen one like that. Stripes, OE or not, look good, the decklid is sorta like the RR tunnel decal on the 75 model.

Auto Transport Service
Back