• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road Runner Horn Question

HawkRod

Formerly hsorman
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
OK list, maybe a dumb question...

For my 70 Road Runner: I bought a replacement engine forward wiring harness. It has leads on it for two horns. I know most cars have one high note and one low note horn.

I thought the Road Runner only had one (Beep-Beep) horn. Is this correct?

If so, does anyone know what the factory did with the second lead? Cut it? Wrap it?

As usual, thanks in advance!

The second wire on my Superbird just hangs there,origional harness.

Thanks everyone.

One of the easier ways to make things original - leave it hang there!

Appreciate the information!

Hawk

Reading this brings up a question from me...... if no one minds? =)
When the Roadrunner horn gets power .... it beeps twice? or is it the relay that makes it beep twice?
Hope Im making sense lol

Reading this brings up a question from me...... if no one minds? =)
When the Roadrunner horn gets power .... it beeps twice? or is it the relay that makes it beep twice?
Hope Im making sense lol

The only thing that determines how the horn beeps is the amount of times you push the horn buttom.

I thought all this time it beeped twice when you hit it! lol
My older brother must have perfected his double beep way back in the early 70s when I was a lil guy!

Not worried about originality, I put two horns on my '70. I adjusted one higher and the other lower, and I think they sound better than the single horn.

Attachments

• 70 Road Runner 7.JPG
    70 Road Runner 7.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 453
Have no idea what the two sounds like, but you have a beautiful looking 70 there both in!

Hey has2bmopar:
Nice ride! I also added a 2nd horn on my 73 RR. Now it's a little louder than the single horn. You can still do the double beep.
Does anyone know where to get the horn relay for a 73? Mine is intermittent.
Thx, Luther

mine was doing that too when i first got it. i replaced the relay only to find that the contacts in the steering wheel were all rusty and corroded. ....and thats why it wasnt working. but ebay has them just search youll find it!

Not worried about originality, I put two horns on my '70. I adjusted one higher and the other lower, and I think they sound better than the single horn.

it would be neat to hear that. any chance you can share an mp3 file or better yet youtube it? Also I like your Mopar Corral

I have a 71 that the horn doesn't work in at all, anybody got a pic of where that sucker comes from? I have a new 71 front end harness as the one that was in the car was a 72, I think the horn portions in different places between the two. Does it come out of the engine harness or the front light harness?

Auto Transport Service
Back