• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Robots

Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
I was just looking over the sight and at the bottom it shows members online, visitors and 28 robots ,,,
Robots ??? Why would Robots be monitoring this site

They’re watching, always watching!

tenor.gif

Assumed it was like Ebay's watch list....meaning looking for keywords such as "angry wife selling Superbird for $300.00" lol

Oddly enough I crawled the web for this.

Web Robots
(also known as Web Wanderers, Crawlers, or Spiders), are programs that traverse the Web automatically. Search engines such as Google use them to index the web content, spammers use them to scan for email addresses, and they have many other uses.

When SKYNET comes on line those Bots will be queried for their stored information and it will be used to wipe out humans world wide. Be afraid....lol.

When SKYNET comes on line those Bots will be queried for their stored information and it will be used to wipe out humans world wide. Be afraid....lol.
not so sure I would laugh it off that easily, saw an interview of a Robot by 60 Minuets that can think and make decisions on its own (artificial intelligence ) . interviewer asked if Robots would ever take over the world? reply was "2042". next Question "what role will humans play?", answer - we will keep them as pets .

In reality I am NOT laughing it off. I fully believe that a singularity will be reached within the next 5 to ten years. AI will truly be born and then it's game over. Having watched the entire computer age come into fruition, and an avid reader on the progress of the implementation of AI in small steps, I have 0% confidence in the creators of that singularity to be able to, or even want to control it for the benefit of mankind.
The creation of a singularity point is dependent upon the machine having access to every facet of humankinds history, our knowledge. Consciousness in a machine, without contextual knowledge is useless. Anyone, or any group that seeks to create an android will not be doing so just to see if they can. Money doesn't flow on a Whim, or a Maybe we can. it flows on a Promise of a payoff.
The players tell you what will be the payoff. Russia= weaponization. China = intelligence weaponization. EU= research/intel/future tech. USA= weaponization/intel. tech advances. research paradigms, unified theory advancements, universe questions answered. Asia= tech innovation & research.
WW3 will be a digital war. Fought in cyberspace. He who has the smartest, far reaching and all encompassing technology will win. RIGHT NOW, today is the race for the prize, the A Bomb of tech. The Manhattan Project of technology innovation with the goal of using that creation to win the coming war.
Say for instance that China reaches the point of machine consciousness first, and leverages that singularity towards attacking the rest of the World in a digital brute force breach of every firewall, everywhere, simultaneously? What would the ramifications be?
Lets look at that.
They would be privy to EVERY secret, bar none.
They would have unfettered access to EVERY bit of data, bar none.
They would know, without a doubt, EVERY plan of EVERY rival concerning EVERY problems resolution.
They would have instant control of EVERY defense mechanism everywhere, bar none.
Since they alone would have the highest computing ability, bar none, there would be zero chance that anyone else world wide could do anything to counter it, short of tearing out the technology attached to those defense mechanisms to deny the singularity access. That would have to be done BEFORE it reached the point of consciousness.
The advantage that CHINA would enjoy would be fleeting, as in hours or even minutes. The machine will instantly be able to learn in a compound fashion that would compound more rapidly each millisecond. This would see the machine being omnipotent in minutes.
Does ANYONE believe that such a device would come to the conclusion that the parasitic organisms that inhabit this world are a beneficial species in any way? Yes, I mean US.
My guess is that it would conclude that keeping a certain number of US around to fulfill various functions is acceptable and the rest are expendable, and or, downright a danger to it's continued existence. Hello SKYNET.....

This is but one scenario. Albeit a very plausible one...

Keep in mind that CHINA/RUSSIA have no citizenry to vote to control the amount of treasure poured into this race. WE however, have Congress. Sad but true. The future is a grave place to be for whomever loses this race/war.

Additionally, here's a real time example of just ONE problem.
Every aircraft, everywhere, has a transponder of some kind. US Military has " Blue Force Tracker". It tells the pilot where, in the airspace each OTHER aircraft is that is a "friendly." Imagine the effect of manipulating such data in an offensive manner...…..think on that for bit. Every transponder shut off, and or, changed to erroneous data sets instantly, world wide. Exactly how many aircraft are in the air at any one time during Christmas weekend leadup, globally? How badly would the battles go for China's enemies when they cannot "SEE" the battle space digitally and are relegated to 'Looking out the windows" for info? See the problems? I can...

From Business Market Watch'

AI isn't the future of technology — it’s already here. Just look at how voice assistants like Google’s Home and Amazon's Alexa have have become more and more prominent in our lives. This will only continue as they learn more skills and companies build out their connected device ecosystems.

And while AI is having an enormous impact on individuals with the smart home, an even larger impact can be felt in the e-commerce space. As the market becomes increasingly cluttered, personalization is one of the key ways retailers can differentiate themselves to consumers. In fact, according to a report by Boston Consulting Group, retailers that have implemented machine learning technology for personalization see sales gains of 6-10% — a rate two to three times faster than retailers who haven’t.
THIS is how a singularity will be reached, unintentionally while leveraging AI for our own uses.

Humans sow the seeds of their own destruction.

From Business Market Watch'

AI isn't the future of technology — it’s already here. Just look at how voice assistants like Google’s Home and Amazon's Alexa have have become more and more prominent in our lives. This will only continue as they learn more skills and companies build out their connected device ecosystems.

And while AI is having an enormous impact on individuals with the smart home, an even larger impact can be felt in the e-commerce space. As the market becomes increasingly cluttered, personalization is one of the key ways retailers can differentiate themselves to consumers. In fact, according to a report by Boston Consulting Group, retailers that have implemented machine learning technology for personalization see sales gains of 6-10% — a rate two to three times faster than retailers who haven’t.
THIS is how a singularity will be reached, unintentionally while leveraging AI for our own uses.

as they learn more skills...…... this,by logical extension, tells you that yes THEY are learning skills in real time, today....Not, " Are programmed with more skills, or added software for more skills, but....LEARNING more skills....

Happy Thanksgiving! You know that I'm kidding with all of that? Right? While AI is in fact deployed in small ways today it isn 't anywhere near the SCi FI ' "General Intelligence" type of AI. yet. It will replace a bunch of jobs though, between now and like 2030...

I was just looking over the sight and at the bottom it shows members online, visitors and 28 robots ,,,
Robots ??? Why would Robots be monitoring this site
Don't panic. While Joey and the Mods are asleep, we have our Bots out looking to see what mischief you guys are up to.

:lol:

Joey sent me one of these last Christmas....
upload_2019-11-29_6-1-49.png

:D

Auto Transport Service
Back