• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feedback on front tires

RonnieK

Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
Hi everybody. Upgrading the front wheels on my 68 charger this year Street/strip application but 90% of it is used for the strip. Upfront everything is stock except for the Calvert shocks.

Moving to a 15x4 inch wheel and I’m thinking the 28 inch tall Hoosier but I’m a little curious on turn radius(or rubbing on sharp turns) and stance of the car with four more added inches from what I was last year. Not worried about the rollout, discussion or anything like that, just simply curious on if it rubs anywhere, and how is the stance looks.

Any pictures and feedback would be greatly appreciated if you run a 15x4 inch wheel and a 27 or 28 inch tire.

IMG_1979.jpeg

My 71 Runner has the Weld 15 x 3" wide rim with the Mickey Thompson ET street tire 27 x 6 x 15.
My wheel well much like yours is very generous in terms of room.
I was actually looking for the 28 x 6 x 15 SR radial but was told that they were not being manufactured at this time.

I did do a full stop to stop with the steering and have no rubbing issues - that was done with the car sitting still.
It's not quite 100% done but will be this year.

Jan 14th (3).jpg
tires.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back