• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roller bearing idler arm for 65

BigFlo

Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
Anybody know if anyone makes a roller bearing idler arm for a 65? Google doesn’t turn up anything that I’ve found. Nothing from Bergman, Moog, PST.
I see it for 65 C-Bodies but not B.

Thanks guys. I’m guessing it’s this kit? How was the installation and how does it perform?

IMG_3011.png

That idler uses a stud to mount to the K. Even though the roller kit eliminates the play in the arm itself, it’s still mount on a single stud. 68 and later went to captured style which is much more stable.

One of the reasons I'm using a 70 k-frame in my 65. Double shear mount for the idler arm.

I’m not familiar with the different years and features. I’ve got a 65 with a 65 kframe.
One of the reasons I'm using a 70 k-frame in my 65. Double shear mount for the idler arm.
what is a double shear mount?

That idler uses a stud to mount to the K. Even though the roller kit eliminates the play in the arm itself, it’s still mount on a single stud. 68 and later went to captured style which is much more stable.
What is a captured style?
With what I have, would there be a benefit to eliminating the play in idler arm itself? Seems like it would eliminate 50% of the play?

The 68 and up have a bolt through design. You can add an upper tab to the K and convert it easy enough if you are inclined.

Here is a picture of the 70 unit I'm using. Compare that to the 65. Double shear is what you see in the pics. Both ends of the bolt are secured. On your 65 unit, the top of the bolt can move around, only the bottom is secured by the mount.
IMG_0897.JPG
IMG_2533.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back