• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roller rocker arm identification

patbclc

Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for help identifying these rocker arms and push rods. I built motor over 20 years ago and forgot brand ad need to get at least a new push rod. It's in a stroker 400 block Thank you in advance

20221127_133035.jpg

20221127_133031.jpg

20221127_132955.jpg

20221127_132851.jpg

Those rockers were made by Dove.
Marketed by Indy, and I think Hughes at one time.

No longer made.

Is the one pushrod bent?

If not, and the cup isn’t mangled.......you can probably just reset the adjuster screw and be good to go.

It’s not what you’re asking about, but those pushrods are way too short.

Thank you so much, cup is a little screwy and worn on top. I agree push rods seem short and not full thread engagement? I'm gonna measure tomorrow. What would you recommend for push rods? Stroker 452 (400 block) edlebrock heads. Competition cam, 2 inch headers, M1 intake etc.

With that many threads showing I can’t believe that it took 20 years for an adjuster to break off… You will need to measure to get longer pushrods as it not a “combo” deal but what the actual numbers are..
1669596162049.jpeg

With that many threads showing I can’t believe that it took 20 years for an adjuster to break off… You will need to measure to get longer pushrods as it not a “combo” deal but what the actual numbers are..
View attachment 1379346
That's more of testament to the quality of the stuff!! Pushrods are off by a quarter inch??

Yes I took off and measured pushrods. About 8.25 tip to tip and .175 recess in cup. I had 4-6 threads showing below rocker arms. Isn't 1-2 normal? I figure 4/24 = .166 longer for pushrods? They are 3/8 with 5/16 ball. Are the measured tip to tip or tip to cup recess? Really appreciate the help. I'm thinking I need 8.25 + .166= 8.41 pushrods

Those rockers were made by Dove.
Marketed by Indy, and I think Hughes at one time.

No longer made.

Is the one pushrod bent?

If not, and the cup isn’t mangled.......you can probably just reset the adjuster screw and be good to go.

It’s not what you’re asking about, but those pushrods are way too short.
Thank you

Yes I took off and measured pushrods. About 8.25 tip to tip and .175 recess in cup. I had 4-6 threads showing below rocker arms. Isn't 1-2 normal? I figure 4/24 = .166 longer for pushrods? They are 3/8 with 5/16 ball. Are the measured tip to tip or tip to cup recess? Really appreciate the help. I'm thinking I need 8.25 + .166= 8.41 pushrods
You can make estimations ... but really should be measured with a checker.. and then with a 5/16 ball in the cup, minus that divided on half. Effective length

Yes I agree, going to order an adjustable pushrod tool. Thank you I appreciate the help everyone

With that many threads showing I can’t believe that it took 20 years for an adjuster to break off

Is it broken?
It looks like it’s just backed way off to me.

31777EFE-7D9D-42A1-ABE3-18EA805B171D.jpeg

No wasn't broken. It came loose though. I backed out more for picture. Pushrods too short and rocker tip had to be adjusted out to far. Gonna get measuring adjustable pushrod tool and have proper length pushrods made to fit.

Auto Transport Service
Back