• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

roller rockers for original stage 1-2 max wedge heads

stage3

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:57 PM
Reaction score
anybody have any experiance adding roller rockers to original max wedge heads with the rockers stands ? stage 1 and 2 units,,Not stage 3..looks like they may require an offset intake ? Which rocker arms work ?

thanks.

This was just freshly talked about in the Crane gold roller rocker thread.
You need .210 offset intakes and regular exhaust

20210816_212739.jpg

This was just freshly talked about in the Crane gold roller rocker thread.
You need .210 offset intakes and regular exhaust
thanks ! but i'm under the impression Crane cams in most of there divisions are No longer in business....what part number r those rockers ?

I was running those exact crane gold offset rockers on a roller cammed maxwedge head engine (286 head). I had no problems with the rockers or stands, once i got the pushrod length right. But since I have two sets of 286, I made myself a set of 6061 billet stands with better and more material. They were beautiful! Maybe I will find them some day.
Edit: and yeah, those crane golds are long out of production, they gone!

I was running those exact crane gold offset rockers on a roller cammed maxwedge head engine (286 head). I had no problems with the rockers or stands, once i got the pushrod length right. But since I have two sets of 286, I made myself a set of 6061 billet stands with better and more material. They were beautiful! Maybe I will find them some day.
Like these?

IMG_20210519_164344415.jpg

yep,,but what do we run today now that crane is gone ? seems only the need for the intake offset rocker..at appx .210 .

yep,,but what do we run today now that crane is gone ? seems only the need for the intake offset rocker..at appx .210 .
That's a good question. I still have a set of the original max iron rockers, but if I didnt........?
Maybe Hughes, Mancini or Harland Sharp has something. They definitely won't be as inexpensive as the cranes used to be.

I was wrong about the offset , found the bill and I guess they were the 290
what happened to your rocker stand ? too weak for roller cam spring pressures ?
the stand broke because the bottom end blew apart. It was a 275 @50 solid
20210919_222138.jpg

I was wrong about the offset , found the bill and I guess they were the 290
the stand broke because the bottom end blew apart. It was a 275 @50 solidView attachment 1168889

If your set is no good to you and you’ve moved on from them I’m looking for a right hand .290 rocker for a missing one on a set that I have.

T&D will sell rockers for those heads, complete with billet stands.

The .290 offset isn’t totally necessary if you’re willing to do a little clearancing on the heads.

T&D will sell rockers for those heads, complete with billet stands.

The .290 offset isn’t totally necessary if you’re willing to do a little clearancing on the heads.
thanks for the reply,,,my 286 heads already have a machined slot for the pushrod on the intake thats pretty deep, my RAS rocker was at least .100 away from being centered on the valve stem when the pushrod hit the head. i have also emailed harland-sharpe about a set and emailed comp who lists a .250 offset unit but Does Not list how much spring pressure they can handle, #1516, my open pressure is 550 lbs..

Auto Transport Service
Back